1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suspension help

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by CHasselberger, Nov 14, 2010.

1. CHasselberger

CHasselberger Member

I have an 03 F-250 reg cab with 5.4 gas. I have timbren's up front. How do I go about turning up the torsion bars? Thanks for the help.

2. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

ummm...where do i start......
    torsion bars are used on a IFS truck. like a chevy or a newer ranger IFS is independant front suspension. your truck has a solid axle which means add a leaf spring and ditch the timbrens. honestly i dont understand why you have timbrens as i am hanging a proplus 8.6 footer which weighs 867# and i drop an inch.

3. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I figured a D/O for a FD would have a little more mechanical experience.

If the front end of your truck is sagging that much, you need to get a set of X code springs. They are rated at 6,000 lbs each.

Call these guys: http://www.tousleyford.com/ they have the best prices in the country on Ford parts.

You need to solve the problem, not put a bandaid on it. Timbrens are only a temporary solution in my book.

4. CHasselberger

CHasselberger Member

The timbrens came with the truck when I bought it and it's the first Ford I've owned. I have some mechanical knowledge but my buddy that I plow with (who has a GMC) told me to check into the torsion bar. I figured you guys on here would have the answer. Thanks for the help!

5. cold_and_tired

I want your Captains number. He needs to know that you are taking advice from a guy that drives a GMC. :)

Trash those timbrens and install the X-codes and you will be a happy camper.

6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Fear not. You have an actual truck suspension on your truck, not that weak ass excuse that GM throws in theirs. Therefore, you have no torsion bars to crank. What size plow are we running on our front end?

7. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Is your truck a superduty or a F150 with the HD package that they called f250?

8. CHasselberger

CHasselberger Member

Yes it's a true F250. I have a 7'6" western on the front. You can call the captain but you may not get far, he plows with a chevy and the guy that told me to crank the t-bars is the asst chief. lol

9. cold_and_tired

Looks like I'm gonna have to go to the Board! :laughing:

10. CHasselberger

CHasselberger Member

Now why you gotta do that?? :gunsfiring: lol I looked at the tousley ford site and couldn't find the x-code springs. how would i go about finding them?

11. cold_and_tired

Just give them a call and they will get you the right parts. You will also need new u-bolts and nuts. Check under your truck first to see if you have the round or square u-bolts,

My cost was right around $500 shipped for everything. You may want to check into an adjustable trac bar. I got everything back together but it sure was tough.

12. CHasselberger

CHasselberger Member

10-4 thanks for the help!