1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suspension help.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by born2farm, May 31, 2010.

1. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I am currently setting up my f150 for strictly residential plowing this winter and was looking to gather opinions on what I should do with the suspension. I just had the front end completely rebuilt and will need new rear shocks soon. What would you guys add to help carry the weight of the plow up front and the salt etc. in the rear. I know a lot of you run Timbrens. Should I look into that or maybe some sort of air bag system? Thanks O and by the way I am running a 7.5ft steel meyers blade

2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

anybody?? i am looking at what would be the best air bag up front...i want to level the front of my truck out now plus be able to stiffen it up when the plow is on.

3. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i know they make air bags that go inside the coils on the fords might want to look into thoughs. cheack out heavier springs like out of a f 250 drop thoughs in there.

4. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

97 f150

I'm not sure you'll be completely satisfied with that truck for plowing. There's a fighting chance you'll spend as much or more keeping this rig plowing as you would buying a whole other straight axle truck to plow with. Really, do some checking around , I don't see more than one or two around here like that, probably because they don't hold up to the abuse