1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suspension buildup

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KenP, Dec 10, 2002.

1. KenP

KenP Senior Member

I'm looking for imput on building up my suspension, new front springs and a two leaf build up in the rear. I have a 2002 Dodge 2500 Cummins quad cab 6.5' bed. Anyone have any information concerning this? I did it to my 96 1500 and it worked great, but I'm a little skeptical to do it to my new one. The reason I'm considering this is because in the winter months I regularly carry a ton or slightly more and I'm using a Western MVP plow this year. So I thought over all it might be a wise choice. I'd also like to know what type of front springs you fellas would use yourselves.
  2. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

I left mine stock and it doesn't effect it.

Ram 2500HD

Now I am running Western "ice breakers" v-box bulk salt spreaders, and filling them with 3 cubic yards of salt.

Also using a 9' Western pro plow on 1 ram.
  3. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

I use a Meyer CP-8 with a MDII mount, that total plow weight is 821 lbs. The springs are stock, just put timbrens on this year, went out once and they worked great. I run 750lbs of weight in the back, plus at times the tail gate spreader is full weighing about 500 lbs. All in all it rides level and well.
  4. KenP

KenP Senior Member

What are timberns?
  5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

they're Load boosters, they keep it from sagging a lot. Do a search of "timbrens"
  6. AboveParLDC

AboveParLDC Junior Member

I have a '95 Ram 2500 w/ the 360 and opted to put new springs in the front last winter. I only have a 7'6" meyer hangin' off the front and I didn't really see any improvement in the handling of the plow. I have spoken to many other people though about the Timbren load booster. If I could do it over again I'd leave the factory springs and put the Timbren product in the front. They both average out to about the same price but you'll be MUCH happier with the Timbren. Do a search here for Timbren and you'll find plenty of info.