1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Susp. ? for B&B

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by lilweeds, Aug 19, 2008.

1. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 2006 3500 DRW Dmax dump. I was told by my friend that works at the dealer the idler and pitman are a bit on the loose side. He rec moog parts for replacements since factory parts are crap. What would your rec be and would you replace the tie rods while I'm there? Also can you tell me if the pump rub issue is all transfers or just the push button ones?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The idler and pitman are undersized for the application on these trucks so I'm not surprised that yours is worn on an '06 truck. Guys love to talk trash about the weakness of the IFS on these trucks but its actually the steering thats the weak link, not the suspension. And especially so on a plow truck since your adding considerable weight and force directly to the steering components.

Moog is good stuff, highly recommended at replacement time. Also, seriously consider and aftermarket Pitman and idler brace kit. Well worth every penny and will make a considerable difference with the wear issues of these two undersized components. Cognito makes a very nice idler/pitman arm brace kit thats all bolt on...and fixes the weak links permanently.

Tierods should be checked too (inners are more susceptible than the outers). If they're all tight leave them alone for now. And when they are worn use either Moog to replace them...or Cognito also makes some very heavy duty tie rod kits as well when the time comes. Also worth every penny. :nod:

Pump rub is an issue on both the NP261 (floor shift) as well as the NP263 (push button). In fact the rear case halves where the rub through is the issue are the same between both T-cases.

3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the help. I appreciate your knowledge!