1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Survey: NJ sub prices

Discussion in 'Networking' started by NAC, Nov 19, 2003.

1. NAC

NAC Senior Member

:yow!: Trying to preform a survey, What is the average price you guys are getting paid to do sub work in NJ. Based on a pickup with 8' plow no salt and for a skid steer? Thanks I will take all the info I can get.

web dsc00351.jpg

2. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

we pay our subs with thier own trucks $50.00 per hr.

3. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

50.00- 75.00 an hr.

4. alwaysgreen

alwaysgreen Junior Member

Do you guys paying $50 per hour supply the insurance?I don't see how anyone could cover their costs at that rate. I'm not a sub but I charge $105 per hour and don't make a killing with all the expenses of insurance and fuel, how could a sub even break even at less than 1/2 of that?

5. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

They supply thier own insurance, gas, and repairs. The guys I use are local contractors with 1 or 2 trucks and they usually do other work and just plow for the extra money being as though they already own the trucks and pay GL insurance. Plus as 1 guy told me he likes it because I give him a minimun of 10 hrs per storm that is $500.00 not bad for a day's work sitting on your a$$ and the biggest thing that he likes about it is there is no billing or related paperwork or waiting for the money being as I usually pay in 10 days of the event.

6. steve.z

steve.z Junior Member

I am up for sub work also in northern n.j. F350 8ft meyers.but willing to travel in to the city or anywere with in javascript:smilie(':waving:')
    Hi (waving)50miles...Steve......:waving:

7. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

8. steve.z

steve.z Junior Member

Jeff for reason I can't email you.can you send me ur number?Steve