1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Surging 2500HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ChevKid03, Sep 30, 2008.

1. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Well, heres what I got, nothing new but I just figured I would throw it out there. The truck has been doing this for a while now. It seems like if I have the fan motor on AT ALL on defrost or any setting that causes the compressor to come on, the truck surges a bit and actually almost shuts off. At some points while driving if I were to come to a stop or decelerate at the exact time the compressor kicked on, it would stall and shut off. Does anyone have a CLUE as to what I should look for? I have a recent fuel filter, new air filter etc. I was thinking possibly fuel pressure regulator but god only knows. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. B&B, you out there? :help:

2. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Compressor starting to

fail and lock up? What year, how many miles?
  3. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Not sure what you mean by "fail and lock up". It is an 03 2500HD 6.0 with 107K on the odometer.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Disconnect the electrical connector right behind the clutch/pulley assembly on the A/C compressor and retest.
  5. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

will do, thx