1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

surface mount leds?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by FSLC, Nov 6, 2012.

1. FSLC

FSLC Member
    from KC, Mo.

Im wanting to spend around $50-60 for each light and i found these: nova slultra or the Sirennet SNL3SN Mini LED Light. What are your thoughts about these two lights and if you have a video please post it. Thanks!

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

I love the slutra's

We have them on our custom bumpers, on the plows. on trailers.. easy to install and bright enough.. They do not project out like some lights. so it's more when you look at them they are bright!

We tend to go for slultra wic3 for the split flash patterns... Only thing I would like to see or I think they have them in a different model that cost more is a sync wire.

3. FSLC

FSLC Member
    from KC, Mo.

Are the slultra's bright enough to grab a drivers attention in daylight hours?

4. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

5. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Yes I find they are are bright enough in daylight, we use them in the summer on our trucks/ trailer for the construction end of things.

6. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

I have these http://www.sirennet.com/gl4.html they work great and are very bright night or day. I also like that the are split so you have have half of the light flash at one time.

7. FSLC

FSLC Member
    from KC, Mo.

Are those the e4s?

8. FSLC

FSLC Member
    from KC, Mo.

9. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member