1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sure you can plow with a 1500 - See

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by plowguy43, Apr 22, 2011.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I saw this truck while visiting a nearby dealer this winter and happened to go back earlier this week. I had to take a picture because I was amazed the truck was still in 1 piece. I spoke with the service manager (as I was already speaking with him regarding other repairs to one of our fleet vehicles) and he says its holding up fine and just keeps on going. Has over 200k miles and they just change the oil every now and again.

The part that I find funny and always do when I go to these dealerships is that its a Toyota dealership (you can see the Tacoma replacement Frames in the backround). Don't get me wrong, I love the new Tundra, but I think its funny that every Toyota dealership I go to has a Domestic truck as a plow truck.

Anyways enjoy!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  2. Eggie329

Eggie329 Senior Member

I like how their 1500 has 200,000 and running strong with that huge spreader and my 2500 has 100,000 and barely moves with tailgate spreader and 7.5ft plow!

3. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

pretty good load on that thing!
    A 1500 with a light plow is not a problem IMO but the spreader on there is pushing it.
    If they only use it as a yard truck to plow I can't see an issue with that so.

4. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Yeah I would like to see a pic with a load of snow in it. PLus look at this way. They took it in trade and paid nothing for it I am sure. As for there low miles Toyotas they will sell. But that is a lot truck they just a slap a dealer plate on to pick up a load of salt

5. Len90

Len90 Senior Member

I honestly am not too surprised to see another Toyota dealership with a domestic plow truck. I actually questioned my toyota dealership which had a F-150 for snow removal why they didn't use a Tundra. The simple answer was that the japanese front ends are not as tough as the domestics. The Tundra is great for everything but plowing snow. I'm a loyal Toyota fan and love seeing Tundras with plows on them. I just wish Toyota would beef it up a bit so they can actually become a serious candidate for plowing.

6. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

i think others might agree with me this comment is going to have someone else on this forum post on this thread crying a river and complaining and say something about putting a FISHER plow on a power wheels jeep or some other ridiculous thing he must own stock in fisher if anybody knows who im talking about

7. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

A lot truck with 200k? Wow! most lot trucks I see get ran very very hard. Inexperienced plowers in a tired truck that they don't own= abuse

8. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

We were all expecting it. Plowing is like nascar, toyota should just step away and let the big boys handle it.

9. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

hahahhahahha pusher man i am high fiving you through my monitor!!!!!!

10. Len90

Len90 Senior Member

Please I mean no disrespect to ANY member on here and am not trying to dis anybody's equipment. I feel if what you have works and does the job then it is perfect for you. I hope my earlier post does not spur a fight as I am not intending to argue or insult any member.

I was simply stating a response from my Toyota dealership's Service Manager. He said that the front ends will just not wear as well with the abuse of plowing. I think that is why every Toyota dealership has a domestic pick-up for plowing and was just trying to provide some insight to plowguy43's original remark.

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

As far as the 1st gen. Tundras go, they can not handle a plow. But, the 2nd gen. Tundras handle plows very well. There is atleast two members on hear that have 2nd gen. Tundras with 7.5' Fisher Xblades on them and they handle them great. I have also sean quite a few Tundras with 7.5' Boss V plows on them and they also handle tham great. I have a 7.5' Fisher SD on my Tundra and I now wish I had gone with the 7.5' Fisher HD. I don't blame that dealership for not using a Tundra to plow with becouse it's alot cheaper for them to just take an old trade-in like that Dodge 1500 and pay little to nothing for it and plow with it instead of using a new or eaven a used Tundra. Since Tundras hold there value very well it would not make sence for a dealer to keep a Tundra just to plow with instead of sell it. Like I said the 1st gen. Tundras can't handle a plow so they would have to use a 2nd gen. and it's very hard to find a 2nd gen. for under $20,000.

12. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

really cause I like the first answer better :popcorn:

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Who's truck?

14. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Just up the street from this dealer Lee Dodge is using 2 2011 Ram 2500 Crew Cabs with 8'6" Extreme V's to clear the lots of their Dodge/Chrysler dealership, Honda, Nissan, and GMC dealerships. Personally I think its stupid to beat on a new truck and try to sell it but its what they do as well as Rowe Ford (they use a super duty with Boss VXT)