1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sure it's been asked but really need help.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by huss691981, Dec 18, 2008.

1. huss691981

huss691981 Member

:cry:I'm sure this question has been asked before but here we go. Meyer e-47 won't angle right. Left fine, up fine, down fine. When you try to go right, the motor runs fine and then sounds like ti is loading up. The hose for the left ram jumps with pressure and sometimes you have to use a pair of channel locks to remove the cupler. C valve has magnitism, and the valve it's self is working. The couplers have been replaced with a pair from another plow that was working before and worked fine after, so I would say that the couplers are ok. We had a second pa block and swapped it on to the pump, worked fine, untill i fixed the leak from the 3 o-rings between the block and sump base. Don't have any other ideas and any help would be greatly appriceated. Sorry for my spelling. Thank you for your time and consideration, Mike.

2. rocknrollrednec

rocknrollrednec Senior Member

can you move the plow back and forth, if the lines are connected to each other, instead of plugged in to the valve block?
    and did you replace the couplers as a matched set?

3. huss691981

huss691981 Member

it moves fine with the hose connected to both angle rams, couplers are a matched set, they were the ones off my truck. This plow dosen't work with them, put them back on my truck and my truck works fine.

4. LTKJDAD

LTKJDAD Junior Member

i had the same problem with my e-47. i had to replace the valve body on the side of pump try to flush pump with clean kerosene and install fresh fluid. also doublecheck that angling piston is not bent good luck

5. huss691981

huss691981 Member

Got it figured out. A problim I have never had. The right angle ram is longer than the left. The restrction in the quick connect, what little there is, plus the gland nut being too tight, was enough to keep it from angling to the right. Replaced the quick connect with a double female coupler from the pluming section at the hardware store and backed the gland nut off a little and presto!!!!!!!!!!! Everything works like it should. BTW, the quick connect works fine on our other plow. Mike