1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sure-Flow vibrator on a Myers mini jr

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Brian Young, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Any one use a vibrator for their tailgate spreader? We started running bulk through ours and it spreads it fine but tends to, I guess you call it "bridging" where it leaves the salt on the sides of the spreader with a hole in the middle of the salt load. But we ordered a sure-flow vibrator for it today and just wondering how well they work.

2. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

We've had GREAT luck with spraying our spreaders and the inside of your dump boxes with FLUID FILM.

After 4 loads of salt, the dump bodies are way to slippery with the film to safely walk on. The other night I had to climb in the empty box to grab a shovel that one of the other guys tossed in (we have scoop shovel holders, etc. on the side of the bodies) and I had to hold the side for fear of falling. This was after the 4th load of salt after spraying FLUID FILM.

Works great. Get the most salt out of your loads = $$$$$ more money out of your loads.

3. payton

payton Senior Member

something else ya might think bout giving a try on the top of your auger. mount a short section of chain. it will help clear the inside of the spreader.. make it just long nuff to slap on the side of the box.. not dig into the box.. but barely graze the side.. works wonders and a lot cheaper.

payton

4. Brian Young

I thought about something like that but I was afraid it might put more stress on the (huge, over powered) tiny little motor,lol. I dont want to fry another one . But I was thinking of something solid at the end of the auger. But the vibrator should be here today so we'll see.

5. Brian Young

Got the vibrator in today and man what a difference! It cost me 236.11 with shipping, I figure it will pay for itself in a week or two vs. buying a skid of bagged 80 pounders at 200 bucks. Very easy hook up and comes with a 30 month warranty, well worth it!:D

6. payton

payton Senior Member

keep an eye on your box.. to make sure it doesnt crack near where you mounted the vibator.

7. spiviter

spiviter Member
    from chicago

We run bulk salt in our snow ex 575's and 1075's. All of our spreaders have vibrators on them. Only run the vibrator when you spread then turn it off. They will last a long time and not crack the plastic hopper...we have run almost 15 tons of salt thru them this season...