1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suppliers in my area

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JThompson, Feb 12, 2003.

1. JThompson

JThompson Member
    from NYC

I have noticed many posts from other companies in my general area; Staten Island, NY. We are right by central NJ. Can anyone recommend some suppliers for salt and/or calcium chloride? New Jersey is paricularly convienent for me as I live in Morris County, not far from Union County.

Currently, I am using 50 lb. bags of salt and 50 lb. bags of calcium. Can't find anything larger; other than bulk which I am not equipped to handle at this point. I'm paying around $5.00 per bag for salt and $12.00 for calcium.

Also, the salt I have been purchasing is too crushed to come out of the spreader easily. Constantly shaking it to get it going.

2. Jay Kosack

Jay Kosack Junior Member

Call Tim Mahoney 718-816-7000. He owns salt mines and has a family port on the North Shore of Staten Island on Richmond Terrace.

3. JThompson

JThompson Member
    from NYC

Thanks for the response. I've spoken with Tim. Actually, he is right around the corner from my yard. He has treated salt. I've tried it but it is somewhat crushed and does not come out of the spreader well. Will be stopping to see what other products he can get. Thanks again.
  4. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

We are about 10 mins over either bridge to NJ give us a call maybe we can help you out.
  5. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Where in Morris County..?.. I grew up in Morris County.
  6. JThompson

JThompson Member
    from NYC

Chatham. Know the town? We're right by Madison, Florham Park and Short Hills.
  7. nulawndog

nulawndog Junior Member

Call Tim's Brother Joe Mahoney at Bare Ground Solution 888-800-8356. He can get product to Staten Island if you need it. Cal or Mag Bagged. Also Joe is setting up a Winter Expo for contractors in the Spring and Summer. They are coming to New York.