1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Superwinch Electrical Hookup

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by stringbean585, Dec 18, 2010.

1. stringbean585

stringbean585 Junior Member

New to Plowsite.com- first post. Hopefully someone can help me. I just replaced my stock Snowbear winch with a Superwinch LT2000. Got everything hooked up except the ignition lead. Where do I connect it on a '08 Toyota Tacoma? The winch apparently doesn't work without the ignition wire attached? Sorry, I'm an electrical novice.

2. Snowbear-Man

Snowbear-Man Inactive

Hi

are you using your Snowbear winch controls? then the power comes direct from the battery terminals if you are trying to use the superwinch controls just follow the instructions if there are none you may find info at superwinch.com

have a good day

3. stringbean585

stringbean585 Junior Member

No, I thought I'd use the superwinch controls since they and the solenoid were made for that winch. I'll check the Superwinch web site. Thanks

4. Snowbear-Man

Snowbear-Man Inactive

No problem

5. skidoo

skidoo Member

Power is directly off the battery. I installed a ut 3000 superwinch on mine last year. Everything comes with them you need.