1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SuperTarget got what they paid...LOL

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 1olddogtwo, Feb 6, 2011.

1. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Chicago southside: Tinley Park IL

this is in a large area that we do, the complex is about a half mile by a have mile and Target is one of the largest stores there

We do NOT do Target, just the smaller lot within the common drive plus everything on the other side of the drive.

i will upload the video later, these pic's are taken on Thursday morning when all the stores have reopened, its about 9 am and hasn't snowed in 20 hours

look at their saying, EXPECT MORE. PAYLESS...PRICELESS

100_0060.jpg

100_0061.jpg

100_0062.jpg

100_0064.jpg

100_0063.jpg

2. 1olddogtwo

here are some more

100_0066.jpg

100_0067.jpg

100_0069.jpg

100_0068.jpg

100_0072.jpg

3. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

WOW!

I know there's always room for improvement, and those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones - but if we did that at our sites, they wouldn't be our sites.

Incredible - piles in the cart corrals and handicap spaces. Not a stitch of salt.

Wonder what the contract price was? I hope they didn't get a 10 cent job for a buck.

4. 1olddogtwo

i have video from friday, it was still just as bad. having trouble uploading pic's

5. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Looks like a great place for me to go shopping and slip & fall...humm Im thinking "retirement" funds payup JK

Expect-more & Pay-em LESS

Your gonna work for peanuts....and LIKE IT

Work harder....not smarter ?

6. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Guys in pick up trucks shouldn't do a loader's job...and this is coming from a guy with a pick up truck. Know your limitations. I'm just assuming they're not using the proper equipment...what are they using?

7. 1olddogtwo

they have a skid and a loader....up loading video's of thrusday am and friday night now

8. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

looks like by the tire marks im seeing and the real lack of height to the piles, probably a skid loader with a pusher. That place looks like crap.

9. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Wow, what a friggin' joke. Just asking for a lawsuit there...

10. rcr4w

rcr4w Member

While I understand it's a super crappy job what is the point of more pictures or video? I assume they got what they paid for or they would have had another contractor in there to do it right. We have some accounts who only want the lot pushed 1 time no matter how much it snowed at least that way in court they can say it was plowed and salted if it wasn't for the fear of being sued they wouldn't plow it at all. As bad as I hate to admit it I am sure we had some look that bad or worse "except we clear out the handi's and never pile snow around the kart corral" but thats what they want done and all they are willing to pay for so what else are we supposed to do?

11. 1olddogtwo

and nobody was on site...

in the last pic, thats our side of the lot...their is no break or parking islands, just a line of site, they even push a coral on to our side

100_0081.jpg

100_0080.jpg

100_0079.jpg

100_0078.jpg

100_0076.jpg

12. 1olddogtwo

they didnt even plow it once in some area's....things are done right in chicago

13. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

yes they are. this is a city where people don't want to see snow on the ground. they want bare pavement.

14. rcr4w

rcr4w Member

Well apperently not!! Well around here these places simply don't build enough into their budget and don't have the money to pay it. Not talking about the super giant stores more of the mom and pop strip malls. Then we have snow like this year and they are really crying the blues.

15. diesellandscape

diesellandscape Member

Haha. You know someone had the seasonal contract... Seen a big snow... Started.. Realized "hmm the 18k I'm getting for this 30k job just isnt worth it". Stopped. And now this... Someones doing the target I had for a few thousand less and at this point in the year i'm sure they have over half the contract cost of salt.

One day they will see the light. Its not worth sitting on 10,000 wirth of salt for 60 days. (NOT to mention fuel & insurances).

16. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Every post about skidloaders being able to clear big lots, but that it just takes more time: that only holds true for lighter snows. When it comes to big drifts and deep snow, you need the right equipment for the job. (wheel loaders)

17. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

Thats awful and a product of people plowing that have never plowed. We had almost the same problem at a local Sams club where we got called to stack every three days after a event. Store Manager said it was coming out of the contractors pay because it was clearly stated stacking with a loader is required. We even got threaten by the guy in his plow truck because he said he was going to stack it himself( with his pick-up?). Anyways he was kicked off the job and know for a fact our hourly loader cost more then he could of made.

Have to add the more I look at it , its just a lack of common sense and general organization skills. All they'd have to do is drive to the next strip mall take look how everything is piled and copy it.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  18. rcr4w

rcr4w Member

Oh there's no doubt sometimes people get in over their head's with seasonal contracts thats why we don't do them. My point was that if it wasn't what they paid for you would think a store like Target would simply make a call and have it done right and let their lawyers handle the deadbeat contractor.

19. 1olddogtwo

bingo.....

100_6169.jpg

20. 1olddogtwo

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011