1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

supersprings or timbrems

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Geary44, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

ok so i have narrowed my decision down to either supersprings or timbrens. i want something that will not raise the rear end of my truck when its unloaded 2008 dodge ram 1500 4x4 quad cab hemi.

2. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

i don't really want air bags because i don't want to have to add or remove air as needed and i don't want to spend the money to get an on board compressor, so now its down to supersprings or timbrens

3. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

which will reduce sag better without raising the rear end of my truck when its unloaded is what m basically asking

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I have had Timbrens, Overload and extra leaf springs, and air bags. Of all those combinations, the air bags are still the most versatile load "helper" on the market. They won't add any height to the truck when they are empty, but will completely eliminate sage when aired up. They do not affect the ride when empty, nor do you have to draop 1-2" before they start to work. I almost always have an air tank with me, and I can make adjustments from that if I need to since I have never gotten around to finishing the installation of my on-board air compressor.

Trust me, best bang for the buck.

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I had air shocks in a 1992 Ford Bronco for the rear. They were great when it came to towing/hauling. And road fine when aired down for normal driving. I'd second the airbags though.

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Supersprings wont raise the truck when not loaded.....theres also the sumo option

7. provfirescott

provfirescott Senior Member
    from Ma