1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Superduty w/PSD front sagging

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by boba, Nov 7, 2001.

1. boba

boba Senior Member

1999 F-350 PSD front is down 1". Is this a big deal? I know the 96-97 PSD had a TSB were a new spring kit put it back level.

Any such thing for the Superduty?

2. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

Plow?

Do you plow with it? If you do, you should definetly add a leaf in the front. Check your local spring shop, they should be able to get you straightened out no problem with not too much $$. It was only a few hundred to make and install a set of 3 helpers on my old Ford a few years ago, so adding one shouldn't cost much at all.

3. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD Senior Member

I added Monroe Muscles to my f350SD to helpwith the plow. It helps carry the weight and it also improves the ride when the plow is on. I belive Dockboy also added them to his f350SD. A very good investment and a lot cheaper than having springs made.

4. boba

boba Senior Member

Monroe Muscles are shocks? Cost?
    Yes, I run a Boss 9.2 Vplow on it.

Thanks for the 2 replies.

5. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

boba,

If you don't have "X" code front springs, GET THEM :)

They are the front springs for a 450/550 and also come with a Superduty with the plow pkg. They raise the front end about 1.5" and really help with the ride and handling

You can find what front spring code you have by looking at your drivers side door jamb sticker under "SPR". The first letter is your front spring code and the second is your rear. I'm guessing you probably have "V"'s

Like 99SDPSD said, get yourself some Monroe Muscle LSE's too. They are aux. rubber srings that replace your bump stops. They come into play when carrying heavy loads and work great for plows :D

Greg

6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

If I remember correctly, have the X code springs installed. That may solve the problem, and is covered under warranty, from what I remember others saying.
    The Monroe Muscles are similar to load boosters from Timbren only 1/2 the cost.
    Dino

7. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

8. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Dino,

It really depends on your dealer:( . I was fortunate and was able to get mine installed under warranty. Went to them to complain about a front end sag. They agreed and were going to replace the springs with new ones only the same code ( "U" ). I kind of raised a "stink" and said I wanted X's installed so I wouldn't have a reoccuring problem. After some reluctance, they agreed. There have been others I've talked to that were unsuccessful at getting X's installed under warranty though:confused:

Greg

LOOK, I just became a Senior Member:D Does that mean I know what I'm talking about now! LOL

9. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Does that mean that you are now "Dockman"? LOL Just kidding.

Bruce

By the way your name is Dockboy do you work on a dock? I drive an 8,000 lb fork lift on a dock for a regular living.

10. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Bruce,

LMAO:D

No, don't work on the docks, I live on a boat;) My wife's been calling me her Dockboy for awhile :eek:

I use to drive a large Hi&Dry boat forklift about 15 years ago though. It could pull a 36 footer out of the water then stick it in a rack 30' in the air. A little imtimidating at first, but like anything, you get use to it.

Greg

11. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Bruce,

LMAO:D

No, don't work on the docks, I live on a boat;) My wife's been calling me her Dockboy for awhile :eek:

I use to drive a large Hi&Dry boat forklift about 15 years ago though. It could pull a 36 footer out of the water then stick it in a rack 30' in the air. A little imtimidating at first, but like anything, you get use to it.

Greg

12. boba

boba Senior Member

Went to shock warehouse. Only found monroe muscles listed for rear application. Same ones?

13. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

boba,

When you put in the model at shockwarehouse, put in 250 SD 4WD. The come up then for the fronts. It's funny they don't list them for the 350, but don't worry, they are the same;)

The only real difference between a 250 SD SRW and a 350 SD SRW are the front and rear spring codes:rolleyes:

Greg

14. jjdonovan

jjdonovan Member

ADDED GOODYEAR air bags

I just thought that I would add my 2CW since I just went thru this on my 99F450 SD dump.
    I wanted to add more lift in the front when plowing. And add leveling capability when hauling a load in the dump. What to do??
    putting heavier springs in the front are great if you always have a heavy load on the front to carry.
    What happens after winter, plow is gone but your stuck with stiffer springs.
    Found out that a few companies make air-bag sytems for the frt. and rear. Where you can adjust the carrying load by adding or taking out air pressure . Works for me:D :D

15. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

air-lift sprins. Firestone makes them as well. I use them with great success.