1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

superduty trailer tow mirror part?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chtucker, Feb 25, 2003.

1. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I did it. I was backing up in a driveway and caught the trailer tow mirror (the extendable ones) Everything is intact except the black cover. Mechanicals, power and the heat all work fine, mirror doesn't vibrate at all.

Ford dealer told me I needed a whole new assembly for $250. Can you just buy the cover for less?

Howard

2. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Howard,

I doubt you will be able to buy just the cover!!

The complete mirrors are on ebay all the time. You should be able to get both for less than 1 from Ford. Then you could have a spare for "next time" or resell it on ebay!

Greg

3. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Howard, you can not buy the cover alone, you must buy the entire mirror. You should be able to get them down a bit in price. I had mine smashed by an oncoming van, he clipped my mirror and kept going! $200 from the dealer. AW Direct sells replacements too, but they're a little different in appearance.

-John

4. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Howard,

Check the dieselstop page, I was able to find one in the for sale area for $50. It was in excellent shape, and I got it from Texas in 3 days. It did take me 3 weeks to find one, kept getting out bid on Ebay.

John

5. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

6. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest