1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

superduty spings the same?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bigbadbrad, Apr 26, 2009.

1. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

Are the rear springs the same on an 02 f-250 as an 05-09 f-250? put a leveling kit on the front and now sits low in the back, found that readylift has rear block kits but only list them for 05-09, I think they will work but not sure. Thanks.

2. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

Im pretty sure that they were made longer when the 05s came out, and also when the 08s came out, it might have only been in 08 though

3. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

I have never used blocks for the rear leafs, so take this for what its worth. Most 4x4 trucks should already have a spacer on the rear axle(my 350 does, so should your 250). Measure the dimensions of that spacer and compare to the one they have listed for the 05-09. If they are close, particularly the width where the leaf sits, you should be fine.

4. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

measured on an 06, spring width the same, and spacer looks the same, ordered my 5" readylift blocks for the rear, should be here wed. will let you know then how they work.

5. TurfKing360

TurfKing360 Member

I have a Rough Country lift kit on my truck and it has rear blocks that work great. As for the 05-09 working on an 02 you would have to measure width and length on both or due what we due contact stengelbros.com they can help.

6. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

Length and width of 99-07 rear springs are the same....they are interchangeable.

08-09 have longer springs, still 3" wide though.