1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SuperDuty pulling some weight

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jayman3, Mar 28, 2010.

1. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

My truck and backhoe all loaded up to go to work in the morning.

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

How much weight is that? Looks like it handles it well.
  3. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

To tell you the truth I have no idea,but yes the truck handles it good,it is actually sitting a little down in the back because I have some stuff in the box and my transfer tank is full,the helper springs usually don't even touch when I load it normally.wesport
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good but you have to have close to 10 tons behind that truck.
  5. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks good and with some good trailor brakes you will be good to go.
  6. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

It's a FORD it'll handle that no problem! But looks good! How much can the fifth wheel hold?
  7. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

that is some serious weight...looking good, not even a squat?
  8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The trailer should be 22-24k depending on the axles. Then figure in tongue weight at 10%, so 1500-2000lbs of tongue weight probably.

And the hitch in the truck should be good for well over that. The one I just put in my truck is good for 7500lbs tongue weight and 30k trailer weight.
  9. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

The trailer is a LoadMax 25ft with two 12k axles.
  10. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Over 10 for sure, maybe close to 11 tons.

I personally wouldnt feel too comfortable pulling a backhoe with a pickup but that JMO, its the braking power I'd be worried about. :drinkup:
  11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Good point. Does a 12 ton trailer normally have brakes?
  12. powerstroker11

powerstroker11 Senior Member

This was alot to pull! :laughing:

13. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

It isn't to bad once you get used to it,but yes it is lots of weight behind the truck you have to be on the ball ALWAYS.
    The braking isn't to bad just have to make sure that they are adjusted good and have good brakes on the truck.If I would be pulling it always I would get a bigger truck for sure.
  14. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

wow handles that pretty good that combo has to be close to 15K lb's a 580 SM plus 2 etrax buckets well that is a class a here no mater how ya hook it up .long as you can stop i guess your alset lol.
  15. timberjack

timberjack Member

How are the OPP and MTO officers around where you run? I know the guys around here wouldn't hesitate to drag something like that over to the scales and give you a free logbook, weight and safety inspection? lol

Course, maybe the Ottawa LEO's have better things to do than chasing clean looking rigs and great chain down jobs, not like up here in the wilds. ;)

Though i'd add a flag on the back of the bucket cylinder, since it sticks out behind the trailer, but that's just me. Don't give them a thing to fine you about!
  16. MaxPower1971

MaxPower1971 Member

I used to have a skidsteer loaded up in my dumptrailer and the MTO around Ottawa never bothered me...but the god damned Quebec MOT would pull me over just to get me to open the doors on the trailer to see how it was chained up, and while at it give me a full roadside check.:mad: I would put a strobe in the back just to be sure...and run a beacon on the truck as well.

Nice rig Jayman!!!
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  17. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Really I never got bothered in Gatineau with this combo,i used to do it with my srw f350,I have always thought maybe i should have a light on the roof of the truck,Last summer I pulled it up to Cornwall for a job it was a smooth ride.
  18. MaxPower1971

MaxPower1971 Member

yeah the only time I got bothered in Ontario was around Hawkesbury because my bobcat bucket was over my backdoors and I didnt have my beacon lit. He's the one who suggested the blinker in the back when I overhang more than 24in. I just ran a wire to my clearance lights (wich are on at all times when hauling) so no switch...just plug n play!

Is that your 08 on the float?? That's a nice machine my friend!!
  19. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Thanks and yes that is my 08,i just got is steam washed on the weekend to wash all the grease and salt off it,did the underside of the machine also and FLUID FILMED it once dry.
  20. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Are you trying to get your backhoe as Pretty as the Kubota! LOL :laughing:

Wanna play in the garden Jay? lol