1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Superduty mirrors

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Dublin Plow, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Dublin Plow

Dublin Plow Member

Wassup fellas..????

Has anyone put a set of TT sideview mirrors from and 08-13 SD on a 01-07SD.

I have an 09 SD with the TT mirrors and after plowing in both trucks I have decided the mirrors on the 09 are far better...

Dont wanna buy if they aren't going to fit..

Also have to know the issues/changes for the power/heated/turn signal as the older SD's have all three...

thanks to all in advance...

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

they bolt right up, but none of the wiring is the same, you will have to splice and connect them all yourself...

IMG-20121207-00048.jpg

3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

4. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

subscribing

5. Triple L

from Canada

6. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Plug for the link I posted above.
    [​IMG]

Plug off a set of 08- mirrors
    [​IMG]

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

The link says it includes an adapter if your truck has the round style plug. That set is a good deal.

8. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Those mirrors do not have lights. IMO, why do the swap without lights?

9. Triple L

from Canada

Cause the 08 mirrors give you at least twice the viewable space in the convex... best thing I've ever done to my Ford... made it go from I can't see crap to this is not too bad... night and day difference when towing

10. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

I understand that but I have a CC F550 dump with heat and lights and power and would like to keep all those functioning. The lighted mirrors look super cool to me and add a tough of safety. To each his own though as I tow a 24' enclosed and can see well, but there is always room for improvement.

11. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Those ebay mirrors are aftermarket correct.

12. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

On my 02 it doesn't have marker lights (turn signals) but they are power/heated. Those ebay lights would give me the 08+ style and be a simple bolt on/plug in setup. Plus they are fairly cheap when compared with the lighted mirrors which would require additional modifications to work in my truck as well.

13. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

they have the aftermarket 08+ lighted mirrors on ebay as well just for a higher price.