1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Superduty battery ?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by wls, Sep 5, 2004.

1. wls

wls Senior Member

I have a 2002 S/D, P/Stroke and am putting a blizzard 810 on soon. My question is the 2 battery's good enough, or should I hook 1-2 more up. I'm replacing the battery's with new ones this fall. I'm curios about as to if the 2 battery's will handle the power required, for the plow, heater, lights, strobes, extra back-up lights etc. Also I have the 5200 lb front axle, good enough or should I add another leaf or timbrons? If timbrons, where is the best/cheapest place to get them? Thanks in advance.

2. towman

towman Member

used to plow with a 97 powerstroke that had the factory dual batteries, could go all night running the head lights with no trouble,you might want to look into a gel cell battery like the optima and exide oribtal, have had great luck with them in police cars that also have a lot of battery draw, not really that much more money

3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

You do know that the alternator is continually recharging the batteries as the truck runs don't you?

Well, if not, the two batteries are quite sufficient, especially if you are putting two new ones in. To put any more batteries in (which where would you put them anyways) would be a complete waste of time and money.

4. wls

wls Senior Member

I sort of figured 2 batteries would do the job, just curious if they would with everything running, thanks

if I was to add batteries, I would mount them in the bed, in marine boxes.