1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

superduty backup sensors

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by plow4u, Oct 20, 2013.

1. plow4u

plow4u PlowSite.com Veteran

I just purchased a 2013 Superduty that has back-up sensors in the bumper. Is there anyway to permanatly turn them off so they stay off while having my spreader on because I have a rubber flap I let hang down in the rear????

2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I think you can only turn them off each time yoy start the engine. You can always just reach up under the bumper and unplug them. The whole system on my 2006 F350 crapped out completely after about four years; stopped replacing them when I was past the warranty.

3. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

My 07 came with them and had a button to turn them off. I had to do it everytime I started the truck. If you don't like them don't worry they wont last long just like seville009 said. My truck was in the shop alot and just to add to the list of isseues I always had them fixing them. I washed my truck after every outing and used fluid film and those stupid sensors were always messed up. There is probably a fuse you can pull it you want to shut them off for the season.