1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Superduties Battery cable problems

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by RJC, Dec 26, 2002.

1. If you have a 99-02 superduty it probably would be a good idea to check your battery terminals.
    Today I went to unhook my Boss from my 2001 F350 PSD, when I lowered the lift tower the plow motor died and my parking lights came on, my turn signals and four ways wouldn't work, and the plow was dead. The power light, on the on/off switch, on the joystick stayed on in both the on and off position. If I unplugged the plow everything went back to normal on the truck. I thought it had to be the plows electronics that were goofed up.
    So I checked the fuses, all was good.
    Called my boss dealer who had me check the battery cables which turn out to be loose, all four. (dual batteries) I could lift them off with little trouble by hand.
    The dealer told me that they have been having this problem with the superduties. He said the new ones (03) have been changed to a different type and won't do this.
    Thank the good lord it happened after the storm.
    Let me know if anyone else finds this problem.

Bob

2. This morning I got a chance to check my other 2001 PSD F250, It too had all four loose. (a 20K mile truck) one cable was so loose I could pull it off with two fingers.
    Bob

3. Brickman

Brickman Senior Member

Almost 142K miles with N O problems.