1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Blamby, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Blamby

Blamby Junior Member

I have 2005 F150 Fx4 supercrew in my owners guide it sed f150 supercrew owner , you vehicle is not recommended for snow plowing. Ford makes no representation as to the suitability of your vehicle for snowplowing in particular regarding the potential for exceeding vehicle weight limits.
    Can I still get a way with putting a sno way (or an other plow) on it im only going to be doing my families drive ways? And what will happen to my warranty if I put a plow on it?
  2. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

snoway will work the blizzard puts out a plow for that truck or something like the fisher LD would be good plows...i would go with the snoway b.c its lighter and you can get down preasure...

as for the warenty seeing that the snoways arent the hardest to instal and uninstall if something goes wrong you could always take the mounts and stuff off so the dealer wouldnt even know...if you were to do that snoway offers a wireless remote which would work good...

good luck
  3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I just sold an old plow truck to a guy who bought it to do his driveway, because he said he couldn't put a plow on his new Supercrew. I'm sure he could have found someone to do it if he pushed the issue, but after reading it in the manual and talking to a couple plow dealers he decided against it. What is the reasoning for it anyway? Is the frame too long, will it bend it? Toby Keith says the Ford frames are really tough. If you believe the advertising the F150 is the ruggedest truck on the planet. If they won't put a snowplow prep on it then shame on them, you oughta be able to tow or plow with a 4x4 crew pickup. I guess from their standpoint, I wouldn't want to have to warranty anything that had a snow plow on it, if you've seen the way a lot of animals use them.