1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Supercoils??

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by hemipower5.7, Oct 31, 2009.

1. hemipower5.7

hemipower5.7 Member

anybody running the supercoils made by supersprings? they are made for plowing i was looking at them they looked like they could be good for front end sag on plow trucks

2. Four Alarm Lawn

Four Alarm Lawn Junior Member

I put them on last year before the season. I have a 2006 2500 Cummins. Worked great, leveled out the truck and the front end only dips down about an inch when I raise the plow. Last season I had a Boss 8'2" vee. This season I have upgraded to a 9'2" Poly Vee XT, same thing the front end only dips about an inch. Hope this helps you.

3. hemipower5.7

hemipower5.7 Member

why did you switch to the 9 footer ?

4. hemipower5.7

hemipower5.7 Member

and did you get the ones that lift a half an inch or the 3.5 inch lift ones

5. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

It's about time! I thought I was the only one.

Super Coils are bad @$$. They carry my Cummins and 1000 pound Boss Vee like they were nothing.

First thing anyone with a plow ought to buy.

6. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I imagine this causes a stiffer ride while the plow is not attached? Anyone think the Timbrens might be a better option? How much stiffer are these coils?

7. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Ive got a heavy plow, a heavy engine and a heavy transmission and a quad cab.

Yes, it's a stiffer spring, but they improved the stance, ride and load handling capabilitys of the truck dramatically.

You probably would not like the ride. Me, I could give a s*** about the ride. That monster hanging off the front of my truck has broken 2 sets of coils, one was Dodge's heaviest set, and the other were an after market set made by Moog for a CDL straight truck.

8. Four Alarm Lawn

Four Alarm Lawn Junior Member

The supercoils raised my truck up about 2.5 inches which leveled out the front end with the rear. The ride is a little stiffer but not enough that it should stop you from buying the springs. I had the timbrens on before the springs and the truck noticeble dropped down several inches when you raised the plow. I would recommend the coils over the timbrens after using both. Hope this helps.

9. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Whose trans are you running?

10. hemipower5.7

hemipower5.7 Member

i dont care about he ride i have air lift air bags in the back that raise it up a few inches so i was thinking of going with the one that lifted it up a little more. that would level out my truck. Did anyone have problems with their trailing arms, like the front axle getting pulled back a little?

11. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

NV-5600, 460 pounds with an iron case and a South Bend Con Fe iron clutch. Stock Dodge tranny in 2001. Fancy hi torque towing clutch.

12. BLkDOuT

BLkDOuT Junior Member

I think im gonna buy these springs for my 08 ram 2500 but what would be a good option on the back end? do they make em for the back as well?