1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Supercabs?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by DeereFarmer, May 4, 2007.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I'm still looking around for possibly a new truck. I have always loved crew cabs, but I hardly use the back seat. I thought I would be hauling around more people than I thought. Whenever I go out, seems like we always take friends cars. The crew cab is like a $3K option. I've been leaning towards a supercab to save a little money, but still be able to transport people when needed. Plus it would be better for plowing when the time comes. I see a lot of supercabs around here. Does anybody that has one want to give a report on how they like them? I guess they are about 8" shorter than a crew cab. Has anyone made the switch from crew to super?:waving:

2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I would like to change to a crew from a super....:rolleyes: I myself cant live without a backseat of some sorts. I just carry to much stuff in the truck with me. SuperCabs arent bad for carrying people around but I wouldnt want to sit back there for very long though. Its not the roomiest place in the world. Good Luck:salute:

3. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

I went from a crew to a extended (chevy). Much better for plowing and I too hardly used the back seat (I'll never ride back there anyhow). Bottom line, dont miss it:waving:

4. DeereFarmer

I know, as long as I'm not back there I don't care! lol.

5. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

If your looking at a Ford I don't think I would get a super cab the back seats in the super duties is tiny compared to the Dodge and the Chevy

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I just traded my 99 supercab for a crew. The crew is the exact same lenght as the super. The interior of the crew is much better then the super and visibility when plowing is about the same. I will never go back to a supercab.

7. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I love my super cab but I think it is time for a crew. Not to worried about the extra 6".

8. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Went from Crew to Super. I love the crew and use it fairly frequntly compared to my supercab. No regrets.

9. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

i love my super cab..I have had friends/family in it on road trips in the back seat with no complaints, well maybe just that it is a little rough xysport

10. DeereFarmer

All my friends that ride in ym truck make fun of me because it rides "rough" compare to their M3s and such. I just laugh. It feels like riding on air compared to my old '97 Ram with a crappy 3 inch lift. I got seasick in that thing!

11. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

i personally don't like the look of the crewcabs, way too long...those dodge mega-cabs are even worse...i mean it wouldn't look bad with a lift and bigger tires but at stock height it kind of looks like a wiener dog...anyway i have an extended cab... and my next truck will too...it comes in handy for just throwing stuff in the back that needs to stay dry...plans, paperwork, etc...

12. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

i love my crewcab. i would get another too. i also have leather seats so the back is what i call my leather couch. I have always wanted a leather couch and now i finally have one. I do go on really long road trips and i will sleep back there to save money on hotels.

13. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

if i was you i wouldnt go to a supercab i had to ride in the back of 1 for 1 hour once and it was horrible. you may not use the crew now but 10 years down the road if you have a wife and kids i bet they will much rather ride in a crewcab than the supercab.

14. DeereFarmer

Good opinions everyone. I'm still going to look for a crew, but if a good super comes along I might take it. I rode in the back seat of my dad's Dakota extended cab for 4 hours once and I'll never do that again.

15. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

I love my supercab and the back seat isn't bad for people with short legs, but someone 6' and over is gonig to have some sore legs. I think my next one will likely be a crewcab though due to a growing family.... Ooh that means I probably won't be able to afford it according to my financial director (aka the wife).

16. payton

payton Senior Member

went from ext cab.. to a crew cab. and well i love it.