1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Super V2

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bigc1301, Nov 4, 2010.

1. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

So what is everyones thoughts. Just got a new truck and trying to decide between the myers super v2 and the boss v blade. Just cant find much in here about the new myers super v2
  2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Nothing but good things to say about all of my boss 8'2" V plows. I'm debating trying out the wings this season at some point.
  3. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

Thats the things hear alot bout boss but i was shopping around and saw the myers. Around here the myers dealers everywhere. I spin around and throw a stone i can almost always hit one. Just trying to get and opinon. How does the boss plow trip in V or scoop mode
  4. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

My boss/owner uses a Meyer super V2...loves it. Says he would rather use it than a Boss..mainly because of the trip edge. The hydraulics are pretty fast as well. He beat the heck out of it last year and no issues at all.
  5. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

Jim, how about the western MVP. See you guys sell those too. KInda like the Vee plow just trying to weigh my opinons

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

All depends on if want a plow that don't bounce around alot ,that would be the boss plow being that it is all hydrolic NO Chain

If you don't mind a little bouncein around the its all the other ones

boss has a full trip / all the rest have bottom trip edges...
    It kinda personal prefrence and then you gotta think about being able to get parts and service from whom ever you decide as well as THE BIG ISSUE $$$$$$$$$$$$
  7. tastebeer

tastebeer Member

Might want to look at the Fisher xtream V, same hydraulics as Western but taller ends for better snow throwing and opening drifts
  8. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

I like my Super-V. No problems last year. I looked hard at the Boss when I was looking for a new plow last year and two things I found I did not like about it. 1) No trip edge. That means your truck frame takes all the shock when the plow gets fetched up. 2) They use springs to pull the wings back instead of hydraulics. Might not be so bad if you get out to shovel your plow loose everytime it gets burried in the snow bank. 9 times out of 10, I can work the wings back and forth and use the plow to push myself out of the snow bank.

Dealer support is much more valuable than what plow you are running.