1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Super V2 opinions?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MichiganMike, Sep 12, 2011.

1. MichiganMike

MichiganMike Junior Member

Super V2...any problems with it...any reason to stay away from it in anyone's experience?
  2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

My Bossman runs one, has for last couple of years....LOVES it...and he can run Western,Boss cause we sell em. He likes the Meyer the best
  3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

A guy helped me get un-stuck this past winter and he had one. Looked like a nicely (overly) built unit. The hand held controller was slick as well. Only thing I didn't like is its as slow as my EZV, I'd expect the hydraulics to be like Boss/Fishers Extreme V.
  4. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

The new Monarch units on them are much faster than they're older units. He likes it because it throws snow like a boss vxt and trip edge like a western. Best of both worlds

If you are looking for one, we have some very,very very good prices on em
  5. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

I really like mine. I am coming into the 3rd winter with it. I did have an issue towards the end of last winter(the 2nd winter with it) as some of the welds on the blade itself started to pull apart like there was not enough weld penetration on one side of the welds. Meyers and the dealer was great and stood behind there product 100% and I now have a brand new blade including trip edge and cutting edge. I have had no problems with the hydraulics side of it. I do not like how the hydraulics of Boss and Fisher slams and the truck sounds like it is rattling apart. The Meyers is faster than my old EZ-V, but does not rattle the truck either. The only real complaint I have is the hardware on the truck side mounting push plates have a hard time staying tight. Have to stay on top of this issue between every storm. I am going to replace every bolt this fall and will be using thread lock on every bolt as well. Considering moving from the grade 5 bolts that Meyers uses up to grade 8's to reduce the bolt stretch syndrome as well.

Hope this helps

6. MichiganMike

thanks, plowguy...i like overbuilt and i don't mind slower hydraulics, so those would be good selling points for me
  7. MichiganMike

mainiac, yup, that's very helpful...i keep hearing that meyer has good service...

ever hear of the bolt issue happening with anyone else?
  8. MichiganMike

jim, thanks for the feedback...i would like to talk to you about pricing and delivery, but i don't know that i can do the install and would have to find someone here (alpena, mi) who can...i'll give you a call at your posted number sometime today
  9. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

Talking with the service manager at the dealer I use, who has close to 30 years either working for Diamond/Meyers or as the service manager for the dealer, he is always advocating replacing all the bolts on the truck every year and to use locktite and for commercial guys to go to grade 8s as most guys will plow in one storm the same amount of plow time the home owner plows in 2-3 maybe even 4 seasons. He only plows his driveway and 2 others and he will change out the bolts every year. Overkill? Maybe, but he does not have any problems.

alking with a couple of buddies that are running the Fisher Vs and they have a few bolts that they can not keep tight either. I think it is just a problem with plows in general with all that vibration going on.

10. MichiganMike

mainiac, i agree...an ounce of prevention is worth thousands of dollars in cure
  11. broncscott

broncscott Member

FYI. You might find by switching to grade 8 bolts that the bolts will shear instead of stretching. Heads will pop off.
  12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Depends if they are being loaded in tensile or shear. Properly torqued bolts under tensile should not "pop" the heads off.

I agree with Loctite on the hardware, Remember you cannot retighten a nylock and expect it hold against movement and vibration. They are designed for one time use.
  13. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

real nice looking plow was thinking of getting a wideout next yr but now im thinking of the super v2. how is the pricing on them and here service is better then western at least where im located, thanks for any input
  14. jkski

jkski Member

I put a V2 on earlier this summer and am anxious to use it. The build quality and ease of operation seem great and the mount seems very sturdy but I will have to keep an eye on the bolts as was suggested here. Everything mounted up easily and the bolts all had nylon locking nuts, wish I would have thought to use some threadlocker, maybe I will do that before winter hits and everything gets coated.