1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

super v problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jdknight75, Dec 30, 2009.

1. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

i just bought a super v not to long ago only have got to use it once. when i put the blade in scoop the cutting edge on the inside sits about a half inch off of the ground, then when its in the v position the out side of the cutting edge sits about a half inch off the ground. is there something wrong or is this normal on a meyer v?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sort of. They thoughtfully omitted any means to adjust the wing pitch for varying truck heights, which is very important on a vee for acceptable scraping ability. Sometimes it's tough enough getting a vee adjusted to make full ground contact on those that do have a means for adjustment, let alone those that do not.

On those without, the only way to change it is to change the height of the truck. Not always a simply or consistent method.

3. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

If the truck was sitting too low in the front end then I personally would consider it a blessing and raise the ride height of the truck. Ground clearance is everything and every inch you can gain is huge ... around here anyway. Could be accomplished by a simple change in tire height and/or a levelling kit. Of course there a numerous variables to be considered. In some cases proper ballast can make a big difference.

If the trucks ride height would actually need to be lowered, like it sounds in jdknight's case, then I would think it would be much easier and better to modify (lower) the truck mount than the truck itself. I myself would never lower my trucks ride height to suit a plow. Modifying the mount would be the only route I would consider and that is not always possible and the concerns should be obvious ... warranty, engineering, etc. The battle here has always been gaining more ground clearance so I would never give any up ... for any reason. I guess it depends on the terrain you travel and how you use your equipment though.

I am supposed to have a new Meyer Super V2 installed on Monday but after finally getting a closer look at their non-adjustable mount and A frame that already hangs waaaay too low to the ground I can see the deal is going to fall apart. The clevice seems fine sitting around 11-1/4" but then the push frame and the pivot point drops and hangs waaay down from there so you're lucky to have 5 inches of ground clearance left at the most critical pivot point ... and that's if your frontend doesn't sag at all carrying around 1000 lbs. of plow. I guess if all you travel is perfectly flat roads and all you plow is perfectly flat lots then you'ld get by but the pivot point on the Meyer Super V(2) sits waaay too low for anything around here other than travel on the main highways. What were they thinking? I can't see how you could even push snow over a simple curb without getting hooked up. Unless the installer on Monday has some magic fix for this poor design then it looks like I'm stuck with a Boss VXT instead ... which I did not want. Fisher did a great job with the ground clearance on their Extreme V but no dealer close by so that is out. :drinkup: