1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

super v ld

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by rancherman84, May 25, 2014.

1. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

just curious of guys opinions of this vplow is? i currently run a 7.5 curtis snopro on my tundra,that plow weighs 750 lbs.i think the vplow is want i want for this coming winter,the meyer seems to be the lightest vplow of the big names.

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

the heavier the plow, the better it is. light plows will not back drag very good, and also have a better chance of lifting when a heavy load is in front of them.

3. rancherman84

Oh that is very well understood,the tundra handles the curtis great,i did put a 3 inch leveling kit on it,and for that reason i think it would handle a 8 foot vplow

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Meyer is a solid choice. They have nice controllers and a 5 year warranty.

Haven't heard any issues with them at all

6. rancherman84

the wieght doesnt bother me,im lookin at the warr,and the ease of removal/install.i love the way my curtis hooks up,2 mins on or off. gotta make some phone calls and get prices etc.

7. mercer_me

I wish Fisher would make a V plow that weighs around 700lb like Boss and Snow Dogg. I can hook my Minute Mount 2 up in a minute or under. I don't know about Snow Dogg but, I know Boss plows go on and off really quick.

8. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Snow doggs are very very similar to minute mount.

Boss goes on and off quick as long as it's working lol

9. rancherman84

i agree on fisher. and on the boss comment. course dealer support is big factor,my closet dealer is curtis,then boss.to bad curtis dont make a vplow in the 700 lb range,my snopro been perfect plow

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  10. Masonssr

Masonssr Junior Member

Did you get the Meyer VLD ?

11. rancherman84

no i did not. i lost a couple customers so i decided to stick with what i had

12. Masonssr

Masonssr Junior Member

Meyer V-LD

This is what I ended up with.... "Love It"

Snow 12-10-14 004.jpg

13. mercer_me

Nice looking setup. Does the blade ride up on the wet sticky snow some? That was my biggest complaint with the 7.5' SD Fisher I used to use. Light blades tend to ride up on the snow occasionally.

14. woody617

woody617 Member
    from pa

I just got a Meyer sv2 can't wait to try it out. I am a little nervous because I have had a 7 1/2 foot Meyer for 15 years straight blade . I have heard a ton of pros about v plows but don't know anyone that has one . As far as weight goes mine is 900 lbs total weight , and put it on a new truck as well 2015 2500 hd gmc crew cab . I figured new truck new plow. Other plow was transferred from 2 other trucks of mine .

15. woody617

woody617 Member
    from pa

Plus I put a set of torsion keys as well to handle the extra weight and level the truck out which worked just great

16. SCL

SCL Senior Member

I put a SV-LD on my 2010 Ram 1500 last December. Broke an edge in the first hour, replaced under warranty. Put Timbrens and a 2.5" lift on the front to get the bracket 3" off the ground and the blade rides at 6"-7" at full rise. Stop bolts are out for max height so I keep cracking the plastic pump cover. Slow as the hubs of hell! Love a V-plow but this one is a fail as far as I'm concerned. Great warranty period, great ctroller, mediocre plow all for only $5600. Also, doesn't like to lift in scoop position. My installer not too interested as they make their nut on governmental stuff. My .02$

17. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Sounds like dealer is your problem and not the plow. And do you think it wise to keep smacking the pump with the plow?

18. SCL

SCL Senior Member

It may not be wise but that is what it does and my dealer has been made well aware of its happening. Serious design flaw. And I really don't believe it was very well engineered for the application it is marketed to. Done again, a Western HTP would be my leading contender or another 3/4 ton with a real plow. One other problem and I think this was alluded to earlier is that with that light of a plow it does bounce rather quickly once you get off of hard pavement. Oh and just an afterthought of bitchiness, the stickers all came off the plow the first day I used it. I know they'll replace them but after a couple hours, really?

19. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

WOOOOOH Killer set up looking at vee for my 2011 crewmax 5.7 Tundra
    HMMMMMMM interesting :drinkup:

20. hatfieldind

hatfieldind Junior Member
    from Indiana

I have one on my 14 silverado. I am happy with it. It does hand lower than I like but I love it. Scrapes my driveway a lil when I pull in. Seems to be of great quality. Worth all 6k pennies!