1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Super v ld

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ed39, Mar 21, 2013.

1. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

I searched and searched anyone have the super v ld for their truck? Wondering how it is???i have an old md2 diamond now love it never had problems with it my only complaint is how high the plow is off the ground other than that its prettyfast and reliable for me

2. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

The super V2's are fantastic units!! 5 year warranty on everything on that model also!! ussmileyflag

3. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

bumping this up for some updates!

4. APBAinMaine

APBAinMaine Member

I have it on my Titan. It's a very effective setup. I'm not entirely enamored of Meyer (coming from a Fisher background), but the SVLD is definitely a quality setup. The Titan has ample power to push it and the utility of V and scoop modes is excellent. I may modify the battery (either go with a larger, more powerful battery, or daisy chain a second battery) as the plow does put a major draw on the battery.

5. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

thanks. pm'd you back.

6. SCL

SCL Senior Member

Just installed one on a 2010 dodge ram 1/2 ton 3 weeks ago. Put Timbrens on beforehand and a 2.5" lift afterwards to get the fram 4 inches off the ground. Hydraulics are strong but not super quick. Have already cracked the outside 12" off the left side cutting edge without any noticable abrupt impact. Not warrantied and these little dogs are $180 a crack from my dealer. Gonna either put curb guards or poly on the ends. Edges are only 1/4" thick to save weight. I've got to say i like the v concept, and i love the looks and hookup of this plow. Hope it turns out more durable than i antcipate at this juncture. Came from a 7.5 western unimount straight blade with pro wings and could really cruise with that. Slower with the v but that may be the learning curve. And my moldboard sticker came off in the first hour of plowing. Its got to get better.

7. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

i can't believe they won't cover the cutting edge.. that's crazy. did you contact meyer after the dealer refused it?

i just ordered one for my truck, should be installed in a week or 2.

8. APBAinMaine

APBAinMaine Member

Moldboard sticker does come off quickly. I'm surprised to hear about the cutting edge. I had a bad day this winter where I whacked it on the rock wall in my driveway three times (NG!). No damage whatsoever.

9. SCL

SCL Senior Member

Yeah I shot Meyers an eMail. Might have to get a rep on the line sometime. Funny thing is I got setup to purchase with the Meyers financing card and when I went to pick up the truck the salesman and I spent 2 hours trying to get it paid for. Turns out that Meyer never set them up on the program and it was going to take 10 days to set them up. I'm still waiting to invoice this and its already breaking!

10. APBAinMaine

APBAinMaine Member

Yikes. That's a nightmare. I've not heard great things about their service (though I HAVE heard you can get parts quickly, but haven't needed to -- knock on wood), but the [former] dealer who has been doing my service is good. They service Buyer's now, but were happy to take on the Meyer, as well. I dunno, I'm starting to think the whole world is going to hell in a hand basket. Nothing is built well and nothing seems to get handled properly. On the one hand, I'm glad it's not just me, on the other, that doesn't make the incompetence and inconvenience suck any less.

11. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

I have ran a super v for my fourth year know, I haven't had one single issue with it. My only complaint is the sticker came off and I live in a town where everyone runs western. id buy another one in a heartbeat, great set up

12. Fourtrax250R

SCL... Try contacting Meyer yourself about the cutting edge.... On the drive -pros a few years ago they also began putting on the thinner cutting edges to help reduce weight... Problem is not with the plow manufactures, it's the truck companies making these truck front ends lighter and lighter forcing companies to make plows lighter... Anyways... I had the same issue with cutting edges cracking... Brought it up to my dealer and Meyer actually made a running change after learning that the cutting edges were too thin... They Went back to the thicker cutting edges on all drive pros (this is for the smaller 6-8 plows.. The full size drive pro's always had thicker cutting edges) .... This was some time last year... I got like 5 different plows cutting edges replaced under warranty !! Meyer stepped up to the plate in my case, no questions asked. Cutting edges have been great with commercial use.. The super v and super v ld are great units, you guys should get many years of service out of them...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  13. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I had a dealer deny me on a brand new sump base last year I had just brought the week before. They're technicians blamed it on me tightening the bolts too much. Yeah tighten the bolt is going to make it crack down the middle. Fing idiot.

I emailed Meyers and they sent me a brand new assembly free of charge told me to keep the other one. For some reason that dealer isn't carrying meyer parts much anymore

14. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

i hope i don't end up with buyer's remorse on this thing...

15. APBAinMaine

APBAinMaine Member

dt5150, I don't think you will. It's the dealers that have irritated me more than the product. The plow has and will go through anything. I've not missed a storm and I've tackled some pretty serious pile-up. One recommendation is do the yearly maintenance. If you maintain it, there's a greater chance you'll have no issues with it.

16. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

one thing i'm good about is taking good care of my stuff so making sure it's properly maintained won't be a problem for me. so far, this dealer has been very pleasant and great to work with so i can only hope that continues after the sale.

bought a new boat from a dealer in maine in 2012. the guy was great.. until i had a couple issues. then i couldn't get ahold of him at all. no service after the sale whatsoever. ended up bringing it to a local dealer who did the repairs, which by the way were caused by the other dealer's installation methods. turns out he never registered the boat or the motor with the manufacturers for warranty coverage either. sorry, went off track a bit there! i just don't want a repeat of that kind of service. the meyer dealer is only 30 min away so that's not too far. hopefully their service after the sale is good in case i need it.

once i get this plow on, i'll actually be looking forward to some snow storms instead of dreading them. i'm anxious as hell to get it and try it out.

17. APBAinMaine

APBAinMaine Member

Nothing personal, but I'm really hoping you have to eagerly await next winter to try it. I've got a 'Vette I'm jonesin' to drive!

18. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

heh... good luck with the vette! but i'm quite sure we haven't seen the last of old man winter this year.

19. Fourtrax250R

Haha I know how you feel.... I Gotta cobra convertible in winter hibernation!! What vette do you have? I had 2 C5's and a C6! Loved them..... Hopefully will have a C7 in the garage one day! Thumbs Up

DT5150..... Don't worry.... Meyer makes an excellent product. You will be very happy!

20. APBAinMaine

APBAinMaine Member

C-5. A 2000, but 26,583 on the odometer when I took ownership. That was the weekend before Thanksgiving, and it's just over 27K, now (though it's been in the garage with the battery removed and on a tender since early December). Piece of automotive ***!!!
    [​IMG]