1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Super-V LD Stacking Stops Question (pics)

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dt5150, Feb 19, 2014.

1. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

when i raise the plow all the way up, the stops hit these bolt heads. and as you can see, they're doing some damage.. are these bolts supposed to be there? :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

No, the tubes on the a-frame is the stops. Remove the stop bolts.

3. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

thanks. i was going to, but i wanted to ask first. didn't want to mess up the pump or something else by removing the bolts and having the blade come up too high.

i'm wondering why they're there in the first place?? installer forget to remove them maybe?

taking those out will give me another inch or so of lift which would be welcomed.

4. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

Someone installed them to make sure it was stopping at the right height. Once removed, with it all the way up, if you have any slack in the chain...you will want to properly extend the stops.

5. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

ah, i got ya. thanks jeep. i removed them this morning, but didn't have time to take a close look for chain slack. i didn't notice any bouncing or anything while driving, but i'll take a good look at it when i get more time. thank you guys.