1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

super thick cutting edges

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dissociative, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

western 8' pro plow...doing a lot of LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG runs on large lots...

what's the biggest we can get?..hows it work?..double up a 1/2?? is there a 7/8th edge?..

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Run a set of edge extenders. :nod:

3. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Wheres that Western 1000?? want to trade for a Boss TGS 1100 with the smart hitch? LOL!

4. M&M Services

from midwest

B&B where do we find these at?

5. Dissociative

sure, come get it

6. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I keep hearing how big this lot is, I may have to come check it out sometime this winter.

Anyway, look at carbide edges. they arent cheap but I bet they will last a lot longer!

7. Dissociative

well, it's acres...1.5 million square feet of wharehouses...5 total...around 75 truck docks..

8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

yeah I heard it somthing like 36 acres!

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Many places carry them. CPW, Mill Supply, Jerre has them too I know.

They work. :nod:

10. M&M Services

from midwest

I wired up this boss already. May take it all out though.. Are you still looking to get rid of that 1000?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  11. Dissociative

if the price was right...you no like the boss?

12. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

I use cutting edges from Genelco the office i got to is in West Haven CT not sure if they have national locations or shipping but they have some very nice and thick cutting edges i would have to go outside and measure but i believe the ones i got from them are 5/8 thick.Heres their number 1-877-436-2526 hope its ok to post numbers in threads if not im sorry.

13. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I'd read here a few times of concern for weight in the thicker cutting edges. That said though, a fabricated back blade wouldn't add any more weight than a doubled up front edge. Maybe give it a whirl. Not sure on thickness options for edges

14. M&M Services

from midwest

haven't even tried it yet, the thing has never seen salt in its life, looks like I just picked it up from the shop. We will see how it goes..