1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Super HD Snow Deflector

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GOFN2, Nov 7, 2011.

1. GOFN2

GOFN2 Junior Member

Anybody ever seen a snow deflector like this? I have been trying to find one and had no luck...I had thought it was homemade, but have been told otherwise. Any ideas? Thanks in advance...Nick

IMAG0633.jpg

2. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Looks home made, nice job though. Grab up some belting and make your own.

3. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Ya a company in my neck of the woods has only those type of deflectors. You can get those from J. Thomas. There website is www.j-thomas.com. They are called Artic Avenger Snow Deflectors. They range from $80- 170 bucks. They work good and are nice. I will be getting one for the Dogg this year. You can also buy the vertical rubber reinforcement strips seperate and they are $5 a piece.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  4. GOFN2

GOFN2 Junior Member

Thanks Mike! I just placed my order with them...seems like a pretty nice set up, and the price is not that bad. If I had more time I would try to make one. Thanks again!

5. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

anybody ever use something like this in combo with a sno-foil? any benefits?

6. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

With a sno-foil.... That could be interesting. Ive never had luck with the foil, It always broke. Maybe your on to some thing.

7. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

we run sno-foils with a rubber flap, they work good for plowing roads...keeps quite a bit of the crap off the window