1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Super Duty vs Super Duty XT vs Blizzard HD

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Chrisxl64, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

I know I'd prefer not to start another one of the countless "Which Plow" threads. But........ What are everyone's feelings on these 3 pieces. I'm coming from a history of Meyer, and just am sick of them. -Lets have it. -Chris

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The super duty XT has a second shock abosorber instead of the single one like the super duties have, and a 8 inch cutting edge. The suder duty has a 6 inch cutting edge, and a single shock abosorber. The white plows are just so freakin heavy, idk, i've heard good and bad things about them. I run boss plows, and thats all i'll run. EVER! Go to boss's web site. www.bossplows.com. You'll be hooked for life once you buy one.
  3. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

Finally a thread I can relate to! I got a Blizzard in 06 the first season was short - maybe 5 small storms and all went well. The second season was 15 storms. After the 2nd storm one of my cylinders had to be replaced. After the 5th storm the other cylinder had to be replaced. During the 8th storm it did not want to raise but I managed to get through the storm and had a valve replaced. Near the end of the season the pump went and in the beginning of the next season the motor went. At that point I had enough.

Purshased the 9'2" xt and love it and will never go back to anything else.

If you buy a Blizzard - buy 2 so one will always be working for you. The Blizzard falls 2nd in the production line to Fisher (both owned by the same company). Do yourself a favor and buy a Boss.
  4. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Thanks for the opinions fella's keep em coming.
  5. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

My 8.5 ft super duty is awesome. Would never own anything else.
  6. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

8' super duty with wings. love the plow. Have ran a 810blizzard, the idea is good as you can get narrower or wider as needed in tight places but the hyd system is slow and it didn't stack like my boss does, i'll never buy one.

Boss owner for life!!! :cool: