1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Super Duty Straight blade won't lower

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by famouslee99gt, Jan 13, 2015.

1. famouslee99gt

famouslee99gt Member

I just started having an issue this season with the plow not lowering. It comes and goes. When it does it, I'll have left & right action and can get the pump to engage to raise it, but it will not lower. Sometimes it'll finally break loose and drop, other times I have to crack open the hydraulic line to the lift cylinder to drop pressure. Today I finally got a chance to get the cover off and look at it. The coil on the lift/lower cartridge looked like it had smoke coming off it. It was so hot you couldn't touch it with bare hand. I would think that it's the coil, or would it be the cartridge valve itself? I also noticed it only seemed to act up when pushing into a pile and I had raised the plow all way and maybe the held it with the pump running just a touch after it was raised all the way possibly over pressuring the system?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If the coil that hot, start there. Replace it first, IF you want remove the valve but I doubt it'll look bad