1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Super Duty - Shrewsbury Mass

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by glennemay, Feb 4, 2011.

1. glennemay

glennemay Member

OK, This may be a bit of a strange question.

I was on South Quinsig Ave a few days ago racing to an account to open the driveway and I passed a super duty (Dark color late model) going the other direction that had the roof markers flashing in a strobe pattern.

Who, How, Where do I get this done? My truck spends a fair amount of time in and around runways (Mostly grass strips) not to mention plowing, hauling, etc. The more I can light up the roof, the better I am as far as I am concerned.

Any information would be very helpful. If the person I saw reads this, please let me know. I'd like to see your setup.

Glenn

2. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

Find a competent specialty car audio shop, this is right up their alley of expertise for the better ones.

3. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

4. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

theres a guy on ebay who sells the roof lights with a strobe kit built into them.

5. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

just ordered those led cab lights from strobes n more

6. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

let us know what you think of them

7. glennemay

glennemay Member

Definately let us know how they are, how they install, etc.

I really want to see some before I spend that kinda cash and install time.

G

8. CMA337

CMA337 Junior Member
    from MA

Ive had these installed on my truck since November. Im in the Shrewsbury area so if you ever want to see them first before you buy just let me know.

Corey

9. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

How was the install & wiring?

10. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

WTF none for Dodges I will have to call them. Only about an hour fom me.

11. glennemay

glennemay Member

I would love to see them Corey,

Let me know when you would like to meet up.

Do you have the LED lights on the roof, or the xenon?

G

12. CMA337

CMA337 Junior Member
    from MA

The wiring was pretty straight forward. I had one of my guys do the install as he was familiar with it.

G,

I have the Led's. These lights are great at night and even during the day. But you wont see them from behind. From the sides and front they look good. They are pricey but I bought a few sets and they work great on our other trucks.

Corey

13. glennemay

glennemay Member

I figure for plowing I will want to put a magnetic strobe or LED bar on the back of the cab anyway (It's a crew cab, nothing on the front will be visible from the back)

Do you have the recon kit, or did you wire your own in there. The kit that I see comes with a Whelen controller for the strobe function. Not sure of which one, or if I could add additional lighting to it being LED, but, thats a question for later.

G

14. dieselmac99

dieselmac99 Junior Member

im assuming you guys are talking about the pro atomic LED kit? From what I've seen, they smoke just about all the competition. I'd have them now if the genius who owned my truck previously had put different cab lights on.

15. glennemay

glennemay Member

I am 99% sure thats what I saw on this truck I passed, but can't be positive. I was truly hoping that the owner was a reader of this forum so I could hook up with him and see em in person. I want to know what the visibility really is on them before I spend the money for the install.

G

16. CMA337

CMA337 Junior Member
    from MA

Just to be clear. The ones I have installed on my truck are the Pro series from Atomic. These are meant to be in addition to whatever lights you may have and wont be sufficient by themselves. They sure do look good tho.

Corey

17. glennemay

glennemay Member

I'm actually not as concerned about looks as I am utility. I don't want to look like the red headed step child driving down the street (I do that without my truck) but I do want function.

Maybe I am not sure which ones you have? Do you still have the same amount of marker lights on your roof, you just added additional lights inside? or did you replace the 5 markers on the roof with the direct replacements, including strobe from Atomic?

Coffee is still on me if you want though. :)

G

18. CMA337

CMA337 Junior Member
    from MA

Just let me know when you want to see the lights. I work in the shrewsbury area and can meet up with you anytime.

Corey

19. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

Got the lights hooked up.. Took numerous phone calls though. If you install these here are some tips or you may blow your headlight switch like i did.... . Do not hook directly into your headlight wire. Find your cab light wire in your driver side pillar.. Cut the wire.. Put 30 from the relay to the positive side of that wire and 87a to the other side going to your lights... Dont go off the color of wires coming off the relay plug, they mean nothing...Do not over tighten the lights, the threads do strip pretty easy and you use your factory bolts..The realy is only so u can turn the strobes on and the top lights go out. you dont have to use it.If your using this kit without the upfitter switches, you will need to get a switch.

20. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

Other then that.. The lights look great and very bright