1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

super duty rear end

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bosslover, May 9, 2009.

1. bosslover

bosslover Member

about a week ago i started hearing a sqweak coming from my rear end of my truck, i didnt think anything of it just thought it was a ujoint so i waited a couple days to check it and i crawled under my truck to see my rear pinion seal leaking i checked my rear end fluid and she was dry so i refill it and the next day i brought it to my part time job which is a shop and my boss pulled my center section out of my rear end to check it and luckly nothing was wrong with it, but long story short watch ur seal on that and fix it before you have a serious melt down cause rebuild for your rear end is like 1300 bucks

2. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

Yeah, those pinion seals are famous for failing on the Ford/Sterling axles. I seem to change one every week at work! I have found that the cleaner you keep the oil, the longer the seal lasts, but they will all leak eventually.

3. bosslover

bosslover Member

ya i replaced the seal and the fluid and my limited slip that i didnt know i had works awsome. i also found that i need ball joins and axle joints and a new door thats wat screwing around gets ya i guess

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Sometimes when it's up on the lift. The more you look, the less you want to look!

5. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

lol thats what backing out of the garage with the door open will get yea payup

6. bosslover

bosslover Member

i didnt have it opened it was opened on me and thats y it happened ben :mad:

7. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

yea at least your getting a new door.

8. bosslover

bosslover Member

ya i am geting a new door and the truck painted to i guess