1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

super duty parking assist question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by blackjack219, Dec 27, 2010.

1. blackjack219

blackjack219 Member

so my plowing season started by sliding my truck into a tree, any way the sensors are fine bumpers a little tweeked, but does it need to be reset after a hit because it will not beep and the light in the truck will only stay on for a second and then it switches it self to off, any help would be great, thanks

2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I backed into a pole a few years back while plowing, sensors looked ok but the light stayed on and they didn't work again till everything was fixed.

Come to find out, what may look normal on the outside is all together different on the inside, two of the sensors actually broke off right where they attached to the piece facing outward.

Those were replaced and all was good. Double check and make sure there are no issues under the bumper, I had to actually give a slight tug on mine, then there was a reasonable amount of movement, I knew they were broke.

rsz_damage.jpg

3. blackjack219

blackjack219 Member

thanks for the help, sorry about the truck, i'm taking it to my buddies shop to see what we can do and then wait till the spring to fix it

4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Just disconnect all the sensors, the light will stay on. If your ok with that you'll be good to go till spring.

5. blackjack219

blackjack219 Member

thanks, good luck this season

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Same to you ! :nod: