1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

super duty leaf spring question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by meyer22288, Mar 2, 2010.

1. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

truck is a 2000 f-250 ext cab short bed 4x4 auto powerstroke. i am upgrading my leaf springs and have a few questions before i order them. i know that the x code springs which come stock in diesel 4x4 f550's 99-04 will bolt right up so i ordered them.

now with the rear i wasent sure if i should be ordering "b" code springs or "c" code springs. the dealer said that the b code springs are off of f-350 srw and the c code are for f-350 dually which have what is known as a wide frame. will the c code springs still fit even though the frame is wider or should i be ordering the b code springs?

also looking for any other info i may be missing and need to know before i spend money tomarrow. thanks guys.
  2. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i really need to find out beofre tomarrow morning so anybody know?
  3. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

C code will fit. I have them in my F250. They are for a dually rear pickup. The narrow frame are for a dually cab and chassis. Each leaf is thicker than the B code and will give about 1" more lift with the same block in the rear. I would have your local spring shop add 1 leaf to the front befor you install. This package will give you 3"-3.5" of lift in the front and
    1" in the rear. New u bolts will be needed and new front shocks. I use rears in teh front of mine as they are just the right length for the 3+ lift.