1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Super Duty Ignition Bing-Bell?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Fordistough, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Hi, I already disabled the seatbelt bings, but I can't find out how to get rid of the bing when the key is in the ignition, and the door is open? Anybody help out?

2. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

what year truck is it?

3. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Mebes, great info, thanks :)

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The FTE site is the greatest for Ford trucks. The Plowsite is super for plow stuff.:yow!:

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Quite simple. There are 3 screws that hold the panel under the steering column. Remove those and the panel. You will see a black wire going to the ignition switch. Pull wire off, cut connector\tape\whatever so it doesn't touch bare metal, zip tie out of the way, reassemble and you're done with that PITA dinging. Drove me nuts too.

7. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

try closing the door.:dizzy: :p

8. Fordistough

from USA

Haha, The problem is when you're in the shop and you are down on the floor of the truck fiddling around with the fuse panel, and you need to put your legs out the door. You can't take the key out, cause you need to turn it every few seconds to read the meter on the fuses.

9. Fordistough

from USA

OK, I took the housing off of the bottom of the steering columb, as you said. Then I found a yellow shrink-wrapped tube filled with a bunch of wires. One of those wires in that tube was BLACK. Then I saw this other little wire that did not go through the yellow tube. This wire was alone and went up to the ignition. This wire, however, was BLACK AND PINK. Is this the wire I should cut? Just want to make sure before I start cutting any wires. Thank you all for your help.

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yes........