1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Super Duty Flaps, Don't Bother!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Pelican, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I put the Ford molded mud flaps on both my Super Dutys and they're gone! My friend has had the same problem with his. They get torn off in the deep snow from plowing, mounting system is poor. My advice? Don't waste your money! I'll be using cut down truck flaps from here on out.
  2. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

I have Husky Liner mud faps on mine and they are great. The rears don't use that stupid bracket the factory ones do.:(

3. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

4. hoagie

hoagie Member

I have the ford models, and they're still on there....
    but I noticed they don't do a thing for stoping the flow of ka ka all over the side of my truck.
  5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I have the molded Dodge ones on my Ram,the fronts are getting flimsy,but they are still on after 3 yrs.The rear ones are permanentl undercoated with hot rubber though:D
  6. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Mine too. Backed into some deeper snow, and tore off the inside screws, and that plastic insert thing your screw into on 2 of the three screw. The last one twisted up the cheesy sheet metal from flapping in the breeze before I saw it. I fixed them, but don't think they will last much longer.
  7. Swampbeast

Swampbeast Junior Member
    from Texas

Ka Ka? Whats that? I have never heard that before, what does that mean?

8. Brickman

Brickman Senior Member

Your right they don't last long, but do look good as long as they do last.

Just slush build up will tear them off too.