1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Super Duty EZ Classic plow swap

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by beverlylawncare, Feb 23, 2015.

1. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

I have an 01 F250 with my trusty Meyer ST-P 7.5 on it. Its been good to me over the years with minimal issues. I purchased a spare E-60 pump last year from a friend who sold his truck and kept his plow stuff. He kept his "C" series 7.5 plow to use on a skid steer, but sold me the pump and lights to have as spares.

Last week I was assessing my plow as I had worked it three solid days (probably a first in its life!), and I noticed a crack in the weld on the sector. I also noticed a considerable amount of play where the "arch" goes into the track on the A frame and sector. I decided it would be best to not use it, but also had more plowing to do.

He loaned me his "C" series plow to use, and offered to sell it to me. One thing I noticed off the bat was that the chain mount on the A Frame and sector mounted further away from my bumper than my ST-P series plow does. Mine is pretty much in line with the lift arm end. His sits out an additional 6-7 inches.

Will this cause any undo stress on my setup? I asked him if this looked like how it was on his truck, but he sold his two years ago and has three other trucks with newer Meyer setups and couldn't remember exactly.

I'm posting a pic to see if this looks "normal" for lift chain placement, just to get an idea from others.

Thanks!

image1 (1).JPG

2. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

Beverly.... that is fine, in fact that's the plow that should be on your F-250.... 7.5 isn't wide enough for your truck... if your doing commercial plowing the C series will hold up much better than the ST. BTW. . Truck and plow look great!

3. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

I was noticing that I need to update my profile pic to my newer truck. It still has my old red beast on there. lol

I didn't think it'd matter, just wanted the opinion of others. I bought the Poly with a SnowEx 1075 from a friend who got out of plowing. He had used them one season, and I bought them as a package for $2200 back in 2004. He bought them new in 2003. I found a truck mount for my truck and everything else was good to go (Ford to Ford). I've had it on three trucks now, plus his makes four. I wouldn't have bought the ST-P new, I would've gone with an 8 footer and something beefier. But I couldn't pass up the price on the package. And I put it on an F150 7700 package in 2004, so it was good for that. When I went to F250s in 2006, it was just too little plow, IMO.

I may add wings to the 7.5 "C" blade to compensate and help out on a storage unit that I plow. I'd love to go to a V plow but can't justify it with the small amount of snow we typically get here.

4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

the only thing having the chain mount out front like that one is will do is limit lift height. i moved the lift point back to the top of the "arch" area on the a-frame for straight up/down lift. the main difference is that plow has the longer a-frame on it for the older permanent mount. with the removable mount like you have on the truck, it is supposed to have the shorter a-frame. i personally like the longer a-frame, it keeps the 8,5 foot plow away from the bumper so it does not hit it when full angle.

5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

You could always move the pivot hinge plate closer to the arched pivot and shorted the A frame, that will reduce the cantilever weight that the longer A frames for the conventional type plows. This will reduce the extended weight being carried on the front end of the truck. I have shortened many of these Older A Frames with no issues, takes less than an hour with a 4-1/2" grinder with cut off wheel, tape measure and Mig Welder.