1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Super Duty 8 foot?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jerseydrew, Mar 4, 2014.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

thinking of getting this for my next truck. what do you guys think of this plow?

2. Northwind

Northwind Junior Member
    from Da U.P.

Love my super duty. What size truck?

3. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

looking at ram 2500 right now.

4. Northwind

Northwind Junior Member
    from Da U.P.

On a 2500 I would go 8'6".

5. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Put my 9.2 v on it

6. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

I put the 8' Super duty on my ram 2500. Love the plow but I wish I would've gone with at least an 8.2 V. When I Turn my back wheels run over a lot of snow. I may put a set of wings on mine to see how I like having a bigger plow.

7. Chrisj

Chrisj Junior Member

Great plow. Dont plow much. Mine, my parents, neighbors. Great price 4 what i use it 4. 4200.00

8. Jersey Push

Jersey Push Junior Member

I have the same plow. 8 Ft Super Duty Boss. I love it. I had it previously mounted on a 2004 Ram 2500 Diesel. I was ok. Then I mounted it on my New truck Ram 2500 Diesel Crewcab but not so good. The plow is too small, needs to be atleast another 6 inches. Second problem is that the plow spent more time "flopped" over then where it should be. Until I had to tighten my trip springs almost all of the way to prevent the blade from tripping. Idk if the plow is too light/small for the truck or what but that was my experience. Bottom line if I did it over I would buy a boss 9' trip edge.

9. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

You realize an 8.2 would have been smaller in anything other than straight right? lol

10. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

We just put an 8ft on a extended cab long bed. No issues.

8.6-9 are usually for dually around here

11. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Great plow. Although you won't have issues with a 8 footer, I would get a 8'6" or a 9'.