1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Super Crew Ford

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowman79, Mar 1, 2008.

1. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

Anyone plow with a super crew short box? Looking to buy one for next winter, puttin a western on the front... How well do they do in the snow, is the lil more length a problem? dont do that many tight spots. any pics
  2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

seeing as the crew cab swb is only about 20 in. longer than my regular cab lwb i dont think youll have a problem. what year truck are you lookign to get and what motor? when you look at the trucks check to see what front end weight rating is. you can check on the drivers door jamb there be a tag there. i think youll be fine, mine handles a 9'2" boss v with no problems at all. fords seem to handle plows really well :cool:
  3. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

We have a couple and they work fine.All have western pro plus on them and handle it well all are diesel also.
  4. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

I have a ext cab with a 8 ft. box and I have no problem with it but I dont do alot of driveways I do mostly commercial so turning around alot isnt a issue I wouldnt want to plow alot of driveways with my truck since it takes a football field to turn around:dizzy:
  5. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Supercrew is the same WB as a longbed reg cab.
  6. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I think you ment to say same WB as a Ext, cab long box didn't you?

I had a 2001' F-250 Crew short box, It pushed real nice, But it took a lot more room to turn than my 99' F-250 regular cab. You will want a 8' with wing plow for the crew if you even want to try and cover your tracks on a slight corner. If you want a challange to plow with get a F-350 8' box crewcab dually. That is what my 2004' is and it makes me long for my 2001 F250 when I'm out plowing!
  7. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

8. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

when i hear the words super crew i think of the 150 4door real short bed with the flip down cargo thing for the tailgate. my personal feeling is my truck has to be like the house of glass. i wanna be able to see everything
  9. tuna

tuna Senior Member

10. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Yeah, I was thinking he meant the F150 Super crew, not SD Crew Cab....
  11. ducatirider944

from Iowa

12. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

I plow with an '06 F250 Super Crew cab 5.4L, short box, Boss 8'2" Poly V. I have no problems. The truck does not sag at all, and pushes great. Only thing I had to do for me, was improve my back-up lights.
  13. tuna

tuna Senior Member

14. ducatirider944

from Iowa

15. droptine

droptine Member

My 04 F250 SD CC is great for plowing. Look at your turning radius needed for your properties. I dont know what mine is, but I never had any issues plowing, even at car washes. Mine is for sale, pm me w/ your contact and I'll email some pics.
  16. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

you will be fine. I plow with a Crew Cab F-350 Long bed dually. can't get much longer and fatter than that. haven't had a spot i couldn't get in or out of yet.
  17. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

The super dutys come as regular cab super cab and crew cab. No Supercrew those are all 150's.