1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

super charger

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Nov 22, 2006.

1. i have a 99gmc 2500 old body thinking about putting a supercharger on it for pulling trailers plowing and just having fun. would you need to do anything to the tranny when i put a supercharger on.

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I don't think you NEED to do anything to it, but I would try to beef it up as much as possible. There is going ot be a ton more horsepower going to it. Plus, I doubt you are going to drive like you do know.:D Pedal to the floor!

3. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

tranny will be fine, although the price for a supercharger, injectors, manifolds, belts, hoses, intakes, is probably worth more than the truck and is not made to be towing anything.

4. oakvillerex

oakvillerex Member

sure you could use it for towing, the torque is instant. It is just all the extra heat that will be generated. What kind of blower are you thinking of? Are you going to get an aftercooler? Are you looking at a roots style or a centrifugal blower? All those questions you have to decide on pros and cons the centifugal blower will be easier to mount and should come as a kit with all the stuff to make it work, the roots one you will have to do some intake manifold mods.

5. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Check out the Magnuson Radix Chargers.....best ones out for GM trucks.....and the kit comes with everything you need to to it yourself in a weekend.