1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sunday night into Monday...

Discussion in 'Weather' started by MOWBIZZ, Jan 10, 2008.

1. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Something coming along...they're not saying too much about it yet...colder trend coming back and according to weatherguys, be with us for a while to come (yay!) Will be watching this system closely...as for tonight, just some sleet and the a lot of rain except for way up north...

2. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

I have been watching this thing like a hawk. The models are bouncing around all over the place. We should know a lot more within the next 48hrs.

Lets keep our fingers crossed.

3. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Here in Michigan, I got screwed!! yesterday called for 4+", today changed forcast to trace to 1":cry::cry::cry:

4. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

as much as i have been praying to god i hope it does not snow much sunday into monday because this would be the third time i canceled my appt for my next leg operation, my pins in my leg are driving me crazy and need to get my pins taking out and rod adjusted, pretty painful when she gets cold!

DR is hard to get an appt, this would be my third time, hope it does not snow monday much, at least if i am done by 12 that would be fine, but i doubt it seeing it takes us 2-230 am until about 9 or 10 at night. good thing but not good in this case :(

5. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

I have heard some good things about the storm for eastern new england. It looks like a lot of the models are showing snow for that area. They are not sure what the amounts are yet but It looks like we will get something at least. Keep your fingers crossed.

6. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

NECN is "talking" about a coastal storm that will expand offshore and leave "plowable snow" depending on the storm track. He mentions as much as 6-8" and then says "well, plowable snow can be as little as 2-3" right??" LOL

Definitely sounds like something that we need to watch for the Monday morning commuters...(getting them plowed, I mean) fingers crossed..... :dizzy:

7. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I heard 6-8 then I heard it was all going out to sea. Need more plowing money bad, BUT I am not enthused about plowing over all this thawed out mud. About half of my accounts are dirt, and my biggest account is unimproved dirt, not even gravel so it really sucks to plow if the ground isn't frozen.

8. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

looking good now!

Sunday night storm

1-12-08 noreaster.jpg

9. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

Indeed Kramer..............indeed.

10. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Yup...what I just heard...12"+ in the SE portions of NH and Merrimac Valley!!!

Looks like a busy Monday...! Temps are still really high...I hope it gets colder so the ground can start freezing up again...

11. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

The are saying a possible good dumping for NYC and the I 95 corridor with the storm 100 miles off the coast... I hope it stays there!!! I am in weather man mode...

12. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

Looks like its coming. Hopefully it can cool down a little before it gets here. Southern New Hampshire is right in the 12+ line. I like.

13. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I'm in the 12+. I've heard 12'14". I really need a good freeze. All my driveways are mud right now.

14. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

looks like I'm in the 0" range WTH

15. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Don't feel alone Stone, nothing here either.

Good luck to everybody else. payuppayup

16. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

stone devil,

we are right on the line it looks like it, them lines do not mean much at all, but jim burton said 3-6 on wjac today, goodluck

17. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

wow, twelve feet fourteen inches? Is that a misprint? or do you mean thirteen feet two inches? Either way, that's too much for my little truck to handle.

Just messin' with ya

Half my accounts are mud. I'll be plowing about 12 inches of snow and four inches of mud.

18. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

I like how central masschusetts is just a blur if its the light blue or dark blue.

19. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

20. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

' = feet and " = inches..lol