1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sunday Morning Dusting....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Turfman76, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Turfman76

Turfman76 Junior Member

Western end of Ct....woke up to a dusting here, enough to apply sand/salt mix...should clean up quick today, predicting a sunny day and week ahead..

2. tooltime

tooltime Junior Member

in n.w. ohio we had 3" over night

tooltime

3. CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter Senior Member

snow, what's that?

We didn't get any here in southern maine, would like to see an actual storm come through and drop some snow. Last supposed "blizzard" didn't drop more than 8 in here, and you can still walk around in the snow, it's not even close to a normal deep winter here in maine.. I bought snowshoes on dec. 22, 203 and there hasn't been enough snow on the ground to bother using them here at my house SINCE I BOUGHT THEM!

-K

4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

We got an inch here in central CT. All my commercial accounts are closed for business today and its supposed to get to the mid 30s so im waiting to see if it just melts away.I will load up before it refreezes tonight if need be.

5. norrod

norrod Senior Member

We got about 2.5 here. Enough to trigger my accounts :) Just in time for End of month invoicing.

By the time I was done with my last townhouse development at 10:30 this morning, the temp was hitting 40 degrees. My salt application is working relly well :) I also Salted a couple accounts last night as half our accum came before 7:00pm .

6. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

1/2 inch here in NJ all commercials SALTED payup

7. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

3 weekends in a row..... 1 to 1.5" snowfall. Always looks good coming in on radar,,,,,then the Indy dome affect kicks in and it goes around us. Indy sits in a low level area on the topograghy map so this happens with storms that are weak. The stronger ones just push on thru.

Oh well....the salting sales have been good so far payup

8. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

We got 2" 's here in central Pa. Enough to get a full plowing out of everybody. payup