1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sun. Mon. Storm in North East

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bolts Indus., Jan 17, 2004.

1. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like workable accumulations coming for Boston ( 4-6 )and increasing as you go north to Bangor ( 7 inches ). Should be a foot when it gets up here. Good news, there is a bigger one right behind it. Would appreciate reports from Ct.- North

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

latest forecast says up to 6" inches for my area (just south of boston,ma) weather.com says all snow for me but some say maybe a mix. I can not even begin to tell you how pi$$ed i will be if this goes over to a mix or rain:angry: We have had subzero temps for weeks and we may not be cold enough for snow:realmad: We will see what happens i dont believe Sh** the weather people tell me now they have been wrong about the past few storms. Until tommrrow i will hope for ALL SNOW (i think it will be).
    Bolts Indus. you are going to get SLAMED with snow according to New England Cable News they say at least 10-15" for north east maine and the canadian maritimes where the two storms merge and really get cranking. Have fun up there looks like a big one for you and maybe us down herepayup

3. SnAscksdck99

SnAscksdck99 Junior Member

1-3 inches here.there saying more like 2 inches at the most

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

They're giving 2-4 inches in Cape Ann. If that is all they're forecasting. then we'll probably get less.

5. Bolts Indus.

cja1987

If your trying to get me mad your going about it the wrong way. Bring it on baby. I've been predicting this for two days. Our weatherman hasn't mentioned it yet. This is going to be the mother.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2004
  6. cja1987

Bolts Indus.

No not trying to get you mad:confused: You will get plenty!! of snow:D

7. Bolts Indus.

We are due. We have had a bad year for snow. Not much, it's been cold only.

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

they kicked it up to 3-5 inches southwestern ct

9. SnoFoilFisher21

SnoFoilFisher21 Member

there calling for a rain/snow mix here......then on monday they say its gonna be partly cloudy

10. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I hope your right. I am about 45 mins from Bangor.

This is what www.weather.com says:

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...CENTRAL PENOBSCOT ME-CENTRAL PISCATAQUIS ME-CENTRAL WASHINGTON ME- COASTAL HANCOCK ME-COASTAL WASHINGTON ME-INTERIOR HANCOCK ME- NORTHEAST AROOSTOOK ME-NORTHERN PENOBSCOT ME-NORTHERN PISCATAQUIS ME- NORTHERN SOMERSET ME-NORTHERN WASHINGTON ME-NORTHWEST AROOSTOOK ME- SOUTHEAST AROOSTOOK ME-SOUTHERN PENOBSCOT ME-SOUTHERN PISCATAQUIS ME- 1058 PM EST SAT JAN 17 2004
    ... WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY...

SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD DOWNEAST MAINE SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND MOVE INTO FAR NORTHERN MAINE SUNDAY EVENING. SNOW WILL WIND DOWN OVER DOWNEAST MAINE EARLY MONDAY AND ACROSS THE FAR NORTH MONDAY AFTERNOON. SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF UP TO 7 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE WATCH AREA.

YOU SHOULD STAY ABREAST OF THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT WINTER WEATHER....

Hope they are right :D

Last edited: Jan 17, 2004
  11. Bolts Indus.

Snowfall amounts have been increased today for this storm coming down from the NW. Watch the one to the south.

12. computerguy

computerguy Member

Central Jersey

We got an inch and now it is raining. Supposed to get real cold after the rain stops. No plowing today. Maybe some salt later.

13. Stan

Stan Senior Member

We have an inch right now @9am. Flakes are getting bigger. All I need is another inch!

14. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

weather.com has updated it today from 2-7 now it's 4-8 :D I hope we get more than that payup

15. Plowanator

Plowanator Junior Member

I have about 3" here and it looks like it stopped for now..

16. Bolts Indus.

plowman03

I think it's going to be more than 8 in Maine.

17. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I hope soo :redbounce

18. Bolts Indus.

Plowman03

They are predicting 8-12 now for Houlton Me.

19. cja1987

just got back from plowing.maybe 3.5" here. Plowed about 1.5" off all my drives around 2:30 PM finished and took the plow off and headed to Boston to watch the patriots win:D This guy up the street from me had asked me to plow his drive back in the beginning of december if it snowed from jan 16-jan 20. I did not touch his drive before I went to Boston since he was not home and not alot of snow on it. I come back from Boston around 6:15 PM and there are 2 people shoveling it. Me and the guy who lives at the house had agreed on a price for this back in dec when he flagged me down because he was having a hard time shoveling. Not that it makes much difference to me but it kind of pi$$ed me off. So I put my plow back on to head back out and stopped to talk to the shovelers who were finishing up. I asked them if he asked them to shovel and they said yea he called us from NYC this morning and asked us to do it. I dont know if the guy forgot or is just being an a$s hole and called someone to see if i had come yet. He probley did call the shovelers and say something like "he has not come yet ok you guys do it" not that big a deal but if i say i will be there I WILL BE THERE. Now that i am done venting how many of you have had something like this happen to you maybe even with something like a large commercial lot you were supposed to plow and someone else showed up to plow.

Once again sorry for the long post just curious.

20. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Well, we got a whopping 2.5"-3" here on Cape Ann. Very wet and very slippery. Quite a few accidents. It was so wet that it didn't seem like much snow had fallen when it was said and done. Still waiting for some real snow falls here.