1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SUMO'S or timbrens

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by allie11, Feb 11, 2011.

1. allie11

allie11 Member

sumo or timbrens for a 2000 f-250 super duty 7.3 l diesel front set. western 8ft pro plus

2. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

wondering the same thing. I was looking at airlift air bags though.

3. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

I would recomend the TIMBRENS. They won't affect the ride when the plow is off, and I believe they are less expensive.

4. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Do you already have snow plow prep springs?

5. allie11

allie11 Member

No plow prep springs. Everything stock, but I have leaf springs and I believe they are stronger than coils. My truck only drops 1" with the 8ft pro plus. I just wanted extra support for when plowing and traveling. I ordered the sumo's already. below is an article I found:
    The SuperSprings Sumo Springs are the first of their kind, an airless airbag suspension system. This state of the art suspension system is made out of a microcellular foam material that creates a leak proof system. The SuperSprings Sumo Springs are ideal for trucks that carry a lot of loads including campers and trailers as well as trucks with front end snow plows. These springs are manufactured using a multi-stage hot casting process, which gives the sumo springs its unique foam. The SuperSprings Sumo Springs are compressible up to 70% and extendable up to 30% of its unloaded height will 100% memory rebound. The closed cell foam will not rupture and can be punctured without hurting performance. It offers a highly progressive load engagement, ensuring a smooth and more comfortable ride than the competition offers. They are shipped fully assembled in the box, and once installed are maintenance free. If you are looking to add extra support to your truck for all the heavy loads you haul, the SuperSpring Sumo Springs offer that and more. Made by SuperSprings.

I was told these springs are made in PA.

6. allie11

allie11 Member

I already ordered sumo's. We"ll see how they work out. I'll post my findings after I use for a while. I picked up a set for front of my F-250 (part#SPRSSF-103) for $152 shipped! I believe this is cheaper than timbrens.

7. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

I would get snow plow prep springs before anything else.

8. allie11

allie11 Member

what does plow prep pkg include?

9. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

On a Ford? Depends on the engine. For a gas engine, it included heavier front springs that brought the FGAWR up to 5200 in 99-04, as well as a same amperage better output alternator.

10. allie11

allie11 Member

Yes I guess I do have the kit then. My front FGAWR is 5200 but I have the 7.3 diesel whch is heavier than the gas.