1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

summing opinions

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by k&j Landscaping, Dec 28, 2008.

1. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

Need new tires. Still use my truck for personal use and not interested in bajaing. Plow only resedentials. Been looking at Cooper ATR's and Goodyear Silent Armors as replacements for Bridgestone Muravis oems. Other question, my plow setup is 2 months old and seems to dim lights when operating. Oem battery still in truck that is 3 yrs. old and 600 cca. Would upgrading to a 1000 cca help this? Volt meter drops to 9/10 volts when using plow but quickly recovers to normal. Truck is plow prepped and has 145 amp alt. Opinions on both issues welcomed. Thanks.
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

have you looked at bfg allterain ko lots on here say thay love them. and few bucks less and just as good thay say general grabber at2.

and yes full electric plows need big battery or batterys. that stocker 600cca is basicly just right for starting the truck let alone plowing with it.
  3. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

looking at also bfg commercial ta traction? Any thoughts?
  4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I like my grabbers. No wear at 7 k miles and they are priced really reasonable.
  5. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

Talk about saving a few bucks. They have a smooth quite ride and wear is unbelievable so far. I have had no problems with them in snow for 2 or 3 seasons. Dayton Timberline A/T. Do the research and then decide I did.
  6. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

Really Simple. Get the Cooper ATR's and with the money you save upgrade your battery and add heavier cables. Don't forget the one from the alternator to the battery.